tony p big boom - 90% nitro downside (1 Viewer)

In his TV interview, TPed said he knew he red lit ... so why not click it right away? Are they that desperate for data in national event conditions that they continue the run even though they know they cannot win? (that was a legit question I had, not a criticism by any means)

Just glad he's OK.

Last edited:
Gear Drive or Crank they both are really really bad in nitro motor.

Mike Dunn at World Finals in Hawaiian Punch car loudest BANG I ever heard.
Crank broke pitched the engine clean out of the car all but #7 & #8
The impact Suit worked very well.
Tony will be back.
$$$$$$

Bryan

Did anyone else notice team force is wearing all impact stuff now, including helmets. John has worn a simpson bandit for years. Something convinced him to change?

I dont think the nitro % had anything to do with that fire. I think TPed got burned pretty good b/c the front clip of the body got caught on the engine and draped over his legs and hands containing the fire there alot. If that piece wouldnt have gotten caught I dont think his burns would be that bad.

When he got out and I seen his legs at first I thought it was his skin you were seeing and I was like, Holy @#*$)#! But then once he sat down and they showed it up close you could see it was the suit just burnt to hell. That was a pretty bad one. Glad TPed is ok.

It was loud and I was about 700' away. Definitely glad I wasn't sitting with Paul at that point.

In his TV interview, TPed said he knew he red lit ... so why not click it right away? Are they that desperate for data in national event conditions that they continue the run even though they know they cannot win? (that was a legit question I had, not a criticism by any means)

Just glad he's OK.

My thoughts exactly. It seems that alot of boomers happen on meaningless runs, not that any run in competition is not good for data gathering, but if TPed knew he red-lit, then he torched a car that he shouldn't have. I'm glad he's okay, and also glad he has lots of sponsors, but dang that was expensive.

Hell yea its worth it making a complete run. Have you priced out a day of testing?

My thoughts exactly. It seems that alot of boomers happen on meaningless runs, not that any run in competition is not good for data gathering, but if TPed knew he red-lit, then he torched a car that he shouldn't have. I'm glad he's okay, and also glad he has lots of sponsors, but dang that was expensive.

Tom, good to see you around.

Impact is Simpson. Bill Simpson!

The company Bill Simpson built from the ground up decades ago, and sold is still around and making safety equipment under the name of Simpson. Many racers were unhappy with the company 'Simpson' and followed Bill to his new company, Impact, and use his new stuff now. Quite common.

Impact is Simpson. Check it out:

Impact! Racing Products

You are correct Tom!

After the death of Dale Earnhardt, it was intimated by some in the NASCAR community that Simpson's belts failed and caused Earnhardt's fatal injury. Simpson was going to be named in some lawsuits regarding the matter and said "Hell with this after all I have done" and sold his company. After a year or 2 away, Bill Simpson realized he couldn't sit idly by and founded Impact!. So you have the odd circumstance of Bill Simpson competing against the company that bears his name ...

EDIT: Got treed by Buzzz ...

BTW, something I forgot to mention is big kudos to TPed for giving a coherent, prescient and interesting interview right after the incident when he was obviously rattled and his hands were hurting like a son of a gun. Just another way he proves he is a Champion in every sense of the word.

Looked just like Scelzi's Boomer in Vegas the only difference was a piece of the front of Tony's car stood and thet directed the fire right to him.

I think Capps had a boomer like that in Texas without the fire.
I was just gald to see Tony back at the track his fire suit was a mess!

Lots of concussion and heat with this one folks... And the way it went off, I would have to guess that 90% had nothing to do with it, especially since they weren't at 90....

TPed1.jpg

TPed2.jpg

TPed3.jpg

TPed5.jpg

You have any Eyebrows left??

Looked just like Scelzi's Boomer in Vegas the only difference was a piece of the front of Tony's car stood and thet directed the fire right to him.

I think Capps had a boomer like that in Texas without the fire.
I was just gald to see Tony back at the track his fire suit was a mess!

Ron's had fire, too. He just had more of the body left....that was laying on his legs.

You have any Eyebrows left??

I was just pissed I forgot my trash can lid!! :D The newbies I brought LOVED the day (in no small part due to the Prevost Bar & Lounge!!:D)- thanks to everyone that gave me access to let these guys get up close, and special thanks to the Nitro Gods for keeping everyone safe with an exciting show... Some of the best finals I've seen in a long time, especially watching at the stripe...

Force always preached if you are going to lose, at least do it in spectacular fashion. Looks like Tony learned that lesson in a big way. Glad he is ok. I was sitting at halftrack and I agree with Joe. That was the biggest boom I have ever heard.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back