Boom! (1 Viewer)

It's not the nitrous that causes the big boom, it's the extra fuel. All nitrous basically does is cool the intake charge and allow more fuel to be shoved in.

Sorta.....It does do that, but more importantly the added oxygen from the nitrous (N2O) allows you to burn more fuel and make more power. Nitromethane (CH3NO2) also carries its own oxygen, and as you know fire (combustion) craves oxygen!

When Formula 1 went to Turbo V6 hybrid engines, the cars got a LOT quieter. Fans, and a lot of drivers, really raised a stink about it. Still are.

I knew that was going to happen, so I stopped watching Formula 1 in the 1990's :D:D:D

The explosions are part of the risk, in 2010 Antrons rear tire went over the fence and killed a woman, so how can you stop all scenarios.......Melaie Trowels FC re-fired at the top end and went thru the fence and destroyed a bracket racers tow rig, things happen I am sure there are a lot more, those are two I remember

The explosions are part of the risk, in 2010 Antrons rear tire went over the fence and killed a woman, so how can you stop all scenarios.......Melaie Trowels FC re-fired at the top end and went thru the fence and destroyed a bracket racers tow rig, things happen I am sure there are a lot more, those are two I remember

Yup! As mentioned many many times before, just add nitro..........

I was at OCIR years ago. Larry Bowers made a pass in T/F, blew out the clutch, the can, the discs & it all went up, up and over the finish line grandstands. NO ONE got hurt! Have also seen the opposite....

I was at OCIR years ago. Larry Bowers made a pass in T/F, blew out the clutch, the can, the discs & it all went up, up and over the finish line grandstands. NO ONE got hurt! Have also seen the opposite....

You mean this one. Carnage.... Note oil spewing out too. Bad day.

LarryBowers.jpg

Yep. that's the one. I was on the spectator side & saw it blow. Thought, oh no, someone will get killed. That was a miracle that no one was hurt.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back