Any word on the camera man in the boom? (1 Viewer)

Nitro_force_fan

Nitro Member
Has anyone heard the condition on the camera man in the boom at the end of the track? You can clearly see that it was hit with flying pieces. The wife and i were at Cordova dragway last night for Nostalgia fest when they annoused it had happend before the show started. My wife said they said it took a camera man out also. Anyone know anything? .....joe

Has anyone heard the condition on the camera man in the boom at the end of the track? You can clearly see that it was hit with flying pieces. The wife and i were at Cordova dragway last night for Nostalgia fest when they annoused it had happend before the show started. My wife said they said it took a camera man out also. Anyone know anything? .....joe

I assumed when there was no word on it that the camera was a remote.

Ok thats good news. I wondered why nothing had been said about it. Just going off what was said at Cordova. What a sad thing.......joe

ESPN quit putting a camera man @ the end of the track several years ago.

The unit they use is a remote camera on the boom that is operated by the camera man located in a van off to the side of the track, out of harms way.

ESPN has lost a couple of cameras and other equipment down track since instituting this type of setup, but thankfully that's been it.

It's been like that since I left the national tour, so that's at least 2.5 years.

RIP Scott, You were one of a kind and will be missed.

Unk

the boom was damaged so the camera was moved to a sissor lift off to the side of the track,
Nothing was said because it was all internet rummor that a camera man was hit. not fact

the boom was damaged so the camera was moved to a sissor lift off to the side of the track,
Nothing was said because it was all internet rummor that a camera man was hit. not fact

Another reason for not having a person in the boom is that when its extended out that far it tends to bob up and down with body movement, which would make for shaky photos. I work on those booms evey day,it took a lot of force to tear of the contol cable track on the side of the boom, its welded on. It should not have been where it was. On Sunday I noticed a larger 135ft boom way off to the side.

Camera Man

Watching Scott's crash I noticed the crane at the end of the track that must have been used for shots of the cars coming down the track. Did it have a man in it or just a camera? Looked like it shook it pretty bad.

Re: Camera Man

Perhaps you want to read the other thread just down below on this very subject?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back