Tom Anderson....R.I.P (1 Viewer)

handsome

Nitro Member
I have seen it on FB and many people say that Tom Anderson who was the crew chief during Al Hoffman's hay day and was also a great driver himself back in the day passed away yesterday... I haven't heard or read how, but still sad to hear. I got to meet Tom and he did a fuel system for me when I changed over to a screw blower back when I ran a ta/fc . . .god speed another great one from the days when fuel funny cars ruled the world!

I got a call from Jim Wemett yesterday to let me know that Tom had passed. Tom drove for Jim in the early '80s and that's where he really started to shine. I was at Indy when Snake ran the 5.63, and Tom and Jim had made history a little earlier in the weekend, running the first 5.79 by a FC. In addition to Hoffman's success, Tom also was CC for my buddy Jim Sickles, on alky as well as nitro. Tom was a brilliant guy and an intense racer. RIP Tom

Tom was one of the top guys back in the peak of the funny car wars. When it came to fuel systems there was none better than Tom. I suspect his hands worked there magic on many a nitro/ alky motor.
God rest his soul.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back