Tim Hay-Champion Fuel Altered racer killed at World Finals (1 Viewer)

AAFA434

Nitro Member
I am so sorry to be posting this. Tim Hay, one of our very best, has succumbed to injuries suffered in a crash, Saturday night, at the Fuel Altered World Finals at Eddyville Raceway in Iowa. This is a note from our Outlaw Fuel Altered Association leadership:

"We are saddened to report our friend Tim Hay, crashed in the final round of a race in Eddyville, Iowa on Saturday night, and has died from injuries sustained in that crash. Eyewitnesses reported the car was on a good run and about 300' smoked the tires, went sideways and ran head on into the guardrail, rolling several times. Tim was a big part of our group and a friend to all who knew him. We will miss his enthusiasm for life and great sense of humor. This is a note we wish we would never have to write.

We will get back to you when we know more.

Bobby and Nancy"

The brief time that I knew Tim, he proved to me that you can have a very successful racing effort, be the family man that every one of us wants and needs to be, a good friend, and still have plenty left over for life in general. He will be sorely missed by all that knew him. My prayers go out to his family, and please make them parts of yours, too.

Tim Hay - Champion Rest in Peace, my friend!

Having witnessed this and help pick up the car afterward, all I will say is
God Speed Tim! Our prayers are with the family.

These guys put on a good show. Bad deal.

We all know the risks but it is still tough to see. This was on an 1/8th mile track also so the speeds were not that high.

This breaks my heart.

This is the first time in many years my Son and I haven't attended this event. A part of me is glad I wasn't there.

RIP, Tim and my condolences to his family. What a great group of people.

R.I.P. Tim.
haylaunch2.jpg

sticker.jpg

I have written an article remembering Tim Hay in my eyes. Tim Hay, driver of the “High Voltage Hayride” AA/Fuel Altered, was killed Saturday, August 21st, in the final round of the 2010 World Fuel Altered Nationals in Eddyville, Iowa. There have been many great stories and messages shared in Tim’s memory. I had the pleasure of growing close to Tim in the years I knew him. I wanted to pay tribute to my friend Tim Hay by sharing some of the stories and memories I have of Tim and his wonderful family in their adventure on the “High Voltage Hayride.”
- Chris Graves

Please visit www.timhaytribute.com. Please post your messages for Tim's family, share your stories about Tim, show us your photos of Tim, celebrate the man he was. Tim's family will personally view every single message. Thank you!

hay19.jpg

(Tim's last pass in the "High Voltage Hayride"

Dang ! Just heard this morning ! Out of town working ! Hoped to get to see Tim and the Guy's do the BHRA this year !
Didn't happen but I lobbied for them anyway !

Tim's ride with those tall flames coming out of those pipes was a sure crowd pleaser.
My best to the family and we have lost a friend and neighbor and the HayRide crew will be missed !

Funeral arrangements announced for Tim Hay

The funeral for the fuel altered racer who was in a fatal accident at Eddyville Raceway Park will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 27, at Mayfield Kiser Funeral Home in Burleson, TX. Visitation will be 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers the family requests memorials be made to the Tim Hay Memorial Fund. To contribute, call any Wells Fargo Bank and mention the "Tim Hay Memorial Fund" under Shawn or Candy Hay's name. [08/25/10]

Funeral Service Info Update!
Due to the overwhelming response of expected attendees, the funeral has been moved to a more spacious location.

Funeral Service is 2:30 P.M. this Friday
at St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church
380 Northwest Tarrant Ave. Burleson, TX 76028
817-295-5832

Visitation Thursday 7-9 P.M.
at Mayfield Kiser Funeral Home
12301 S. Freeway in Burleson, Tx

Also,
Tribute Decals are NOW AVAILABLE!

CLICK HERE or visit TIMHAYTRIBUTE.COM to get yours

ALL proceeds will go to the Tim Hay Memorial Fund!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back