Toliver at SIR (1 Viewer)

The first 2 made me think, for a moment, that they were of a model car. Then I looked at it a little close, and the next 2. I would like to see this deal finally get out, and make some noise.

Kenny
Stockers are way cool !

Yeah,

I was there Thursday and Friday, they went to half track yeterday afternoon, They must be doing OK today, because Jerry hasn't called-LOL.

Hey Alan, you know a generstor guy in town?

Hey Alan, can you take my brother to the airport?

Hey Alan, can you make us some fender lips?

If I hear more, I will let you know,

Alan

The first 2 made me think, for a moment, that they were of a model car. Then I looked at it a little close, and the next 2. I would like to see this deal finally get out, and make some noise.

Kenny
Stockers are way cool !

I also thought it was a model! It looks pretty good!

That's a good looking F/C..Jerry will look good climbing out of that!

Yea those first couple pics are like..hey..who you tryin to sh!t..then there's a smoky burnout..I can't do that with my models..LOL.

Martin has excellent pics... ;)
If he would care to share... :D

Later Mater... :)

Martin has excellent pics...
If he would care to share...

Later Mater...

PRESSURE, PRESSURE, OH THE PRESSURE!!

Truck one arrived last Wednesday with the Houston car in it (Jeff Diehl's car that is speced to run at IHRA events with the Celica body in RockStar livery)

ToliverTnTTucsonFeb0710.jpg

Thursday truck 2 arrived with the Murf chassis and Solara body and Jerry flew in (see Alan's previous post about becoming a unwilling roadie :D )

ToliverTnTday29.jpg

ToliverTnTday215.jpg

Jerry made a squirt in the Celica to get the lay of the land- I don't think he's been here in a few years

ToliverTnTday268.jpg

ToliverTnTday2106.jpg

Dale seemed to be right in his element, and Alan brought along the humor..

ToliverTnTday227.jpg

I understand that the crew thrashed until past 1AM to ready the new car for Friday passes..

ToliverTnTFriday3.jpg

Friday was the G/F's b-day, so I drove down to the track before dinner just to see what was happening and got lucky- they just pulled into the waterbox as I came up on the track, so I played "spy shooter" and took these from the "boonies" side of the track..

ToliverTnTFriday16.jpg

ToliverTnTFriday10.jpg

ToliverTnTFriday34.jpg

Fire in the holes at 5 PM!!!

ToliverTnTFriday43.jpg

Saturday TnT crowd at SIR got a few passes for the price of admission, and Dale and crew started working on between round technique.. It was nice to watch him work up close again (he and my stepdad were some of the "OG's" of Pro Comp, and I used to enjoy watching the pit work as much as watching the racing when I was a kid..)

ToliverTnTSaturday16.jpg

ToliverTnTSaturday131.jpg

Jerry's Hero Card photo shoot in the new firesuit..

ToliverTnTSaturday30.jpg

ToliverTnTSaturday35.jpg

I won't divulge actual times, as the idea of a private test session is just that- not for public review.. But the 60 footers were stout, and saturday's 700 foot pass was pretty damn impressive for a new car and a guy that's been out of the seat for a few years (and we already know this season how bad that can turn out....)

ToliverTnTSaturday56.jpg

ToliverTnTSaturday59.jpg

ToliverTnTSaturday67.jpg

ToliverTnTSaturday78.jpg

I didn't see a pass that hurt anything or would have been considered an abort- the crew has been bustin hump and it seems to be paying off.. And Jerry was already in Mr. P.R. mode on saturday, doing his sponsor proud and autographing with a smile.. My 10 year old hasn't let go of the old blower belt that Jeff and Jerry autographed for him!!

If I don't get the boot tomorrow because of all these pics, I'll post more from the Monday session, but believe me, this car WILL be in the show in Vegas, and this will be a team to watch this year..

Alan, Berkey's at 6 Monday night sound good still?

Thank you for the pic, Martin! It's good to see Jerry back in the mix again. This should make for an interesting race this weekend.

Yeah,

I was there Thursday and Friday, they went to half track yeterday afternoon, They must be doing OK today, because Jerry hasn't called-LOL.

Hey Alan, you know a generstor guy in town?

Hey Alan, can you take my brother to the airport?

Hey Alan, can you make us some fender lips?

If I hear more, I will let you know,

Alan

And you thought I was Bad??:eek:

Great pics Martin! Very much appreciated.

Does Jerry's firesuit remind anyone else of the ARMY suit????

Great pics Martin! Very much appreciated.

Does Jerry's firesuit remind anyone else of the ARMY suit????
no, i think it makes him look like a rockstar!:D

i probably should have picked jerry on PJ's 'pick the winner' thread.
if i can think back to last year and what side j. head's awning is on,
i think the two teams can still park side by side with
awnings facing each other?......anyone know if these two will
share 'toyota' information?

V Cash would be a better call for the Toliver pick..Odds will make it a BIG return on a win..

interesting thoughts on pit parking strategy, btw...

Yes, on Jim Head's trailer, they pit the car out of the left side of the trailer.

The reason why I know this is, our trailer is the twin to his from the old Smokin' Joe's Whit Bazemore/Jim Head days.

Yes, on Jim Head's trailer, they pit the car out of the left side of the trailer.

The reason why I know this is, our trailer is the twin to his from the old Smokin' Joe's Whit Bazemore/Jim Head days.

Odd how some things work out, hmmm..

Head rig in Phoenix in Feb.

P1020491.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back