Today's Broadcast (1 Viewer)

Thanks Dave for all you have done for the sport we all love. It was a once in a lifetime trip for me and you being there made it better. God Bless you and enjoy your much deserved break.:)

Bob, next time you probably should attend an event before you make a comment such as this, every seat may have not been up to the 40 to 44,000 capacity, however the auxiliary section was opened on Saturday and Sunday and as most Winternationals, the place was packed. For a Winternationals, the car count was way down.

Were you actually in the blimp?

When I was watching on the broadcast Darr it was well into the Funny Car elimination rounds session and it looked sparse from the eye in the sky.
Don't believe me watch it for yourself! I'm not making it up it was very obvious throughout the whole day.

Last edited:
Bob, Do you ever have anything positive to say about NHRA dragracing? You have got to be one of the most negative people on this website. I have one question for you, If you hate this sport so bad why dont you just go away and stop trying to make the people who still love this sport become hatefull like you are? Please,Please,Please go away!!!!!:mad:

Get over yourself Paul! I ain't going anywhere and if I was such a problem or if I crossed the line I'm sure a moderator not a common sheep as you would private me.
Its people such as yourself that follow and accept status qou that make this world suck.
You probably like the PC world of Drag Racing don't you? I tend to like the competitive side with rivalries and colorful characters the way it should be!
Since this event's emphasis was on the history of this sport those are the very people they no longer want it's hypocrisy in its highest form.
Don't go away mad JUST GO AWAY
!:cool:

Bob,
there's a handful of people who post here who when i see their name
i make sure to read their post because their posts are some combination
of well written, humorous and/or insightful.........you are one of those people.
to coin an old tune.......'don't go a chang'in'

Dave, thanks for putting a stamp of reality on the event. As a little boy, I listened breathlessly as you announced that Larry Reyes was going to be OK after flying the Hawaiian through the lights. I also shivered as you called the epic Amato/LaHaie showdown in the '90's.

When I think of drag racing and its golden decades, I hear your voice.

Mark

Dave,
regarding your posts here.......i read them, but i hear your voice as if
you're reading your post to me. :cool:
your posts are just an extension of all the wonderful commentary and
announcing we all miss so much. :)
was just great to hear you during the winter nats.

Mark,

Did you see the picture of Jess Van Deventer's B/MR at the beginning of the show? That was one of my favorite cars when I was a kid.

I'm new to NITROMATER... when & where was this broadcast????
I would have loved to see video of Van Deventer's car

My Father ( Terry Chenowth) & his friends built Van Deventers car back in late 1950's. In our garage in Imperial Beach Calif. Jack McClenaghan & Ronnie Shoemaker helped build the car
Here is a photo before Jess Van deventer got the car
66668_1661643261895_1261594482_1814803_1387062_n.jpg

If you look at the date of this thread it was started by Mark in Feb 2010. You are reading old topics.

RG

The thread might be an old one, and the picture and car are definetly older, but I love them. The car is from a time when a few guys got together and built a car in their garage with their own hands and basic tools, instead of buying them with their wallets. Look at the car and you can visualize the thought process that went into it for performance gains. And how about that carb scoop?

And now that we have 20/20 hindsight, did the telecasts get better?

In my opinion, they didn't. But I didn't watch too many because to me they seem like a rerun of the same show over and over. Same interviewees, same cars, etc., etc..

I'm new to NITROMATER... when & where was this broadcast????
I would have loved to see video of Van Deventer's car

My Father ( Terry Chenowth) & his friends built Van Deventers car back in late 1950's. In our garage in Imperial Beach Calif. Jack McClenaghan & Ronnie Shoemaker helped build the car.

Charles, welcome to Nitromater, and as previously mentioned, this was an old thread started 2/14/10 which coincidently was the Sunday of the 50th Anniversary Winternationals in Pomona this year. I'm sure there are some people that have the NHRA broadcast on tape, possibly even me, although it is probably on a DVR not tape. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back