good - not so good Arizona style (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Well, the broadcast just ended and...

good-interview with Shirley, interview with Christman, interview with Yonke, Grubby's Garage, Mike Dunn

not so good-the half dozen replays of Antron's crash, Force interview during a top fuel race, the usual surreal fixation of the Force family, hokey Hight interview, lack of explanation as to the myriad of delays.

This show was better than last week's.

Well, the broadcast just ended and...

good-interview with Shirley, interview with Christman, interview with Yonke, Grubby's Garage, Mike Dunn

not so good-the half dozen replays of Antron's crash, Force interview during a top fuel race, the usual surreal fixation of the Force family, hokey Hight interview, lack of explanation as to the myriad of delays.

This show was better than last week's.

Yes,a much better show...but overshadowed by the death of a spectator. Wake up call....racing is a dangerous sport !

When and where was the last spectator fatality at a NHRA National Event? I remember in the late 70s Clayton Harris had some clutch pieces cause a fatality at an IHRA (or?) event.

When and where was the last spectator fatality at a NHRA National Event? I remember in the late 70s Clayton Harris had some clutch pieces cause a fatality at an IHRA (or?) event.

The big Doug Herbert starting line explosion in 1999 sent several to the hospital....but no one died.

I feel sad about this, but I am surprised that more people have not been injured in the stands over the last 30+ years. At the inagural NHRA Southern Nationals in Atlanta, we had a blower pully shatter on a TAFC, pieces tore through the body and grazed the hat of a spectator at the top of the stands (they were closer in 1981). No one was hurt, but it was close.

only one i can remember ..because i was there... was at and IHRA event in the early 80's (i think.. long time ago).. at Rockingham... blower explosion.. parts went up over the fence and into the stands...

Billy

At the Winternationals on February 7,1971 Kathy Russell ,Dave Russell's wife,was killed in the pits by a out of control racecar. :(

Last edited:
I was actually tagged with a piece of Joe Amato's clutch at Rockingham during one of the Winston Invitational races. I was at the top end when he shredded the clutch, and had a piece bounce off of my leg. Never thought about what if it had hit a few feet higher.

1992 or 1993 Winternationals or Finals, can't remember which one......a funny car body landed in the stands......20 feet from me.

Didn't Jim Dunn have an something happen when he drove?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back