TJ Has a ride for 2008!!! (1 Viewer)

While I've been hoping for a John Deere / Tommy Johnson combination, THIS is going to be a great marraige.
Kenny was really coming on later this season - that'll have Tommy competitive right from the start.

BTW: I agree, KB saw the (business) opportunity to strike while the iron was hot. This'll look even smarter as the season develops.

i think it sucks, i think kenny can outdrive 95 percent of the guys and girls in both fuel classes.

Kenny sure gave them fits with his super comp like reaction times. I'm surprised to see him step out, but it makes sense. Kenny is a very busy businessman and I'm sure this will allow him more time to concentrate on that aspect of his operation(s).

I played golf with Kenny B. and Robert Goodwin a few years ago at Tustin Ranch. We wanted to choke him for being on the phone so much while playing, but he was making deals while Tee-ing up.

RG

While I am really bummed to see Kenny step away again, I am happy to see TJ land on his feet. I think Kenny proved that he still can still cut a light better then any other FC driver and he was competitive in the tightest (number of quality cars) Pro category. I am happy that my son was able to see the driver I idolized when I was a kid race this past year. I can still say that I witnessed first hand Kenny's last victories in TF and FC.

It sucks to see Kenny step away from driving again but it's awesome that he hired Tommy as his replacement. Hopefully we'll see at least a couple husband/wife finals this year. :cool: Congrats, TJ. And thank you, Kenny. :)

I think one has a better chance of bringing peace to the Middle East than one does of beating KB on a holeshot; whether or not you like him, no rational person can deny his skills. I'm glad he came back for at least a year; now my kid can say that he witnessed KB try to qualify for his license, saw him compete in two national events, and was able to follow him for a season on TV. Having TJ sitting on the sidelines would have really sucked; I guess the husband and wife rivalry is back on. Too bad that Kenny couldn't have gotten at least one win before retiring again; at least he proved that he still hasn't lost his touch.

Great news indeed!! I'm surprised too Kenny decided to step back, although maybe the incident with Force affected him more than he's letting on.

Mark, I talked to one of Corys guys last week and while I`m sure the Force incident played a part in KBs decision....I`ll bet Cheryl played an even bigger one. And rightlfully so!

Congratulations to Tommy on the new ride! Congratulations to Kenny for hiring a first class driver. :) It'll be weird rooting for Mopar but I'll get used to it I guess. :D Wonder if he'll keep "503?" Can't wait for '08.

P.S. Tony, you can officially allow me near sharp objects again. I'm a cluts so I may need a band-aid now and then but I'll be okay. :eek:

Great news for TJ

Not sure I believe Kenny is done forever yet again, he's unretired twice now:)

Does this mean snake will not run a fc at all or will he still be looking for a sponsor to field a team?

A very smart BUSINESS decision by KB, the marketing possibilities for both teams will be extremely large specially if/when hubby & wife meet in the finals. TJ puts a more energy drink discernible face to the package, is well spoken, and can articulate the product very well.

I also agree about KB can outdrive most of the field, and, that the JFR incidents had a major impact on decision. I think KB is one of most talented drivers in drag racing and I will miss his driving prowess.

I think KB realizes that sponsors are looking for younger drivers anymore. As the Sponsor tree in this sport gets squeezed tighter and tighter, you had better have a driver/spokesman that reflects the buying public.;)

Chalk one up for the good guys! Sweet. Now is a good time for me to go on record and say that when I do partake in an energy drink, it's always Monster BLUE.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back