TJ Has a ride for 2008!!! (2 Viewers)

I was more surprised to find that TJ might have to be a spectator than I am by who has now hired him.
Seems like Kenny Bernstein is a smart guy. He heard opportunity knocking, he opened the door, liked what he saw and invited it inside.
I enjoyed watching him drive this year, too, since I'm still relatively new to the sport. It was a real treat.
But, I am very pleased to see this arrangement work out for TJ, as he is truly a nice guy based on my experience. Seems like this will be a good situation for all involved. That doesn't happen every day. :)

I'm kind of bummed to see Kenny (most likely) hang it up for good, but like everyone else here, I'm happy for TJ. What a swing, going from being potentially parked to getting one of the most high-profile rides in the class! Good for him. As far as KB is concerned, the Force crash may have affected him more than we know, or maybe it affected his wife, and she said, "Enough is enough". It doesn't matter, he has nothing to prove, and the best part is he's still a huge part of the sport.

Yeah Kenny was running strong towards the end of the season, it would have been nice to see him win one last one. Congrats TJ, should be a contender!!

This is awesome! TJ is thee nicest guy out on the circuit and stays humbled and remembers what it's like on the other side of the ropes. He'll represent well for KBR and Monster Energy Drink!

It'll also be nice for him to be driving for a sponsor who isn't so tightly controlled by the federal government. Skoal is awesome and does a lot for our sport, but it was sad to see little kids disappointment when he didn't have any hero cards for them. If the kids' parent was nice enough to go thru the Skoal trailer and get them a card, it was still tough for TJ to sign it for them..as he might be influencing the kid to use tobacco. There were several times when I was standing there talking to him in the pits and I'd have to take the card from the kid, hand it to TJ, he'd sign it and hand it back to me, then I'd give it back to the kid. That way he wasn't 'promoting' tobacco to minors. It was just tough to see that happen all the time. Thanks Pres. Clinton!...not really!:mad:

Good luck to TJ in 2008!!!:D:D:D

When Kenny announced this deal at the end of '06, I remember thinking "How does a 60 year old driver market a Sports drink?" I think this is a great move, not only because TJ's a great spokes person, but I think Monster wanted a younger driver in the mix.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back