Thunder in the Pipes (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Thunder in the Pipes & New Twig Ziegler Pics

Jim Rockstad tells a great story about local funny car driver Richard Rogers trying to knock of the Blue Max in Portland and Seattle in the mid 1970's. Go to Capitol Racing to read it!

Last edited:
I just added a couple of shots of the new Pizza Haven Funny car driven by Twig Ziegler. It was out at Woodburn this weekend.

Re: Thunder in the Pipes & New Twig Ziegler Pics

Jim Rockstad tells a great story about local funny car driver Richard Rogers trying to knock of the Blue Max in Portland and Seattle in the mid 1970's. Go to Capitol Racing to read it!

Thats a great story. I was at that Seattle race. I went to all of them back then. One time we got stuck parking all the way to the back of the roadcourse. Took us about 3 hours to get to highway 18.
The crowds were gigantic at those 64 funny car shows. They surely made a lot of dough. Rockstad should have at least given him a few bucks for his trouble. Oh well, a bet is a bet.....right!;)

I just added a couple of shots of the new Pizza Haven Funny car driven by Twig Ziegler. It was out at Woodburn this weekend.

Thats a pretty good replication of the original. I saw the original Pizza Haven car slide down SIR on its roof one time. I think it was at the NW open one year. Just scratched up the roll cage and busted up the body if I remember correctly.
Pizza Haven made a regional TV add out of the footage. Now that was the absolute coolest TV spot ever.
He came out later that year with the low slung car that had the little bubbles on the body for front wheel clearance.
One of the coolest funnies around at that time.

Jim Rockstad is a great guy and I'm very lucky to have him writing a monthly column on capracing.com

Pretty soon or when time permits, I'm going to have an archive page of all of his work. It's great to read all of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on at a major track like Seattle.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back