Bev's Stake House TF Dragster Story (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
There was a legendary Top Fuel Dragster up our way known as the Bev's Steak House Dragster. In fact this car was based out of a garage when it was eventually sold 3 blocks from where I lived in Corvallis, Oregon. I saw it being towed on an open trailer on my way to school and when the guys use to work on it. Anyway, there 's a lot of history about this car which prompted my friend Jim Rockstad to write a story on it. You can go back in time and read it now at Capitol Auto Group Racing - Rich Bailey

Guut lawd almighty, Rich! What a great, great story.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Remember seeing that car at Irwindale.

And who said you can never go back?

Last edited:
.....Man, talk about bringing me back to "the days".............Don't have proof handy at the moment, but pretty sure I've seen that car myself...........Had a RCE "Woody" brochure from around that time that showed a complete roller minus engine, body work etc for .....$1,250.00........Yes, that's not a typo, twelve hundred and fifty bucks !!!!!!!!.......And yeah, Woody's were just about the cream of the crop back in the middle and late '60's..............e

There was a legendary Top Fuel Dragster up our way known as the Bev's Steak House Dragster. In fact this car was based out of a garage when it was eventually sold 3 blocks from where I lived in Corvallis, Oregon. I saw it being towed on an open trailer on my way to school and when the guys use to work on it. Anyway, there 's a lot of history about this car which prompted my friend Jim Rockstad to write a story on it. You can go back in time and read it now at Capitol Auto Group Racing - Rich Bailey

Rich, I'm not if this is the same guy or not. But I remember seeing a story where someone used their old Dragster as part of a sign for a Restrurant! Is this the same guy?

Thanks Jim knows how to take people back in time with his stories. Thanks for reading it. Joe, I know what you talking about. I think a funny car body was used though. The owners are trying to find this car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back