Bailey Santana Passes Away (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Since alot of you helped with the Bailey Santana Event I wanted to pass on this sad news as posted on www.capracing.com:

Sadly, Bailey Santana, the adorable nine year old girl for whom we did a benefit car show for, passed away on January 21 after a long tough battle with an inoperable brain tumor. Bailey outlived every doctor's expectations as she was diagnosed on March 22, 2005 and gave the aggressive disease a courageous fight for nearly 2 years. Bailey lived on a farm near Turner Oregon and attended Turner Elementary School. Even at a young age, Bailey won several awards from an LA based acting school.

In June of 2005, Capitol Auto Group Racing teamed up with Jim Billings to staged a benefit car show in an Albertson's parking lot to help with the Santana family's medical bills. The event rose over $7,000 and attracted close to 2000 supporters. Bailey's story also captured the interest of several nationally known racing figures along with readers of nhra.com and nitromater.com who contributed hundreds of items for the event.

Capitol Racing wishes the Santana family all the best through there time of grief. A celebration of Bailey's life is this Friday at Queen of Peace Church in South Salem at 10 AM.

Thanks David it's the sadest thing when any one dies especially at a young age. A lot of mater readers helped her out so by donating all kinds of items so I thought some might want to know.

Her mom was so couragous as two years ago the docotors told her to let go and let her pass. Her mom would have none of it and she lived nearly two more years. They even went for alternative treatment in Mexico but sadly it didn't help.

I'm sorry to hear that Rich.

You should be proud of all of your benifit efforts. I am sure you are appreciated by the family during a very rough time.

Thanks everyone. You guys all have big hearts and it's a pleasure to be a member of this web site. What happend to Bailey is unthinkable and I wish we could stamp out cancer once and for all.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back