Interesting fact about the beginnings of the Pro Stock Truck (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
When the idea to have a truck class in NHRA was first proposed, it wasn't the almost boring pro stock truck that they ended up with. To read more go to Cap Racing Home Page and read the top story "Thunder in the Pipes" by Jim Rockstad.

Last edited:
There were actually 2 of these Thunder Trucks created...They were at Cordova is where I saw them...They were owned by Brett Fanning...Pretty wild vehicles to day the least and wish they would come back sometime...

Yeah, Brett and Vicki ran those “funny-trucks” here in Seattle sometime n the late-nineties. Musta been at one of those anemic ‘Super-Chevy Show’ clones… Don’t remember them much, except that they weren’t real impressive. But nitro’s nitro…

As a sidebar, Jim sure has a higher opinion of his “improvements” at SIR than the general public… --M--

There were actually 2 of these Thunder Trucks created...They were at Cordova is where I saw them...They were owned by Brett Fanning...Pretty wild vehicles to day the least and wish they would come back sometime...

I also saw them at Cordova. I think it was back in the late 90's, correct? They were badass and I'd like to see them run again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back