Throw a helmet at a car on the track, no problem. (1 Viewer)

Paul

Nitro Member
I don't know how many of you saw this, after spinning out from some close racing this weekend at Bristol, Tony Stewart was hot after he got out of his wrecked car.

When the car that he was racing against came around under yellow and was driving by he ran towards the car and threw his helmet hard at it, hitting it right on the top of the hood.

Nascar's post race response- no penalty.

Wow, can you imagine the penalty if an NHRA driver was mad from losing to a driver and while that driver was doing his burnout for the next round, ran out on to the track and threw his helmet at the car?

I guess they're drinking Mello Yellow over there at Nascar (well, except for Tony Stewart).

Yeah, I saw that. Winged it pretty good too. Maybe the Twins here should give him a call, eseicially since it seems he's a southpaw.

I was a bit surprised nothing happened, but then they've been wanting the drivers to mix it up a bit.

I think there are some on this board would LIKE to see some of this :mad: IN-YO-FACE-DUDE!!!! :mad: behaviour from the NHRA drivers.

Happened many times before and nothing was done. Robbie Gordon walked out on the track between cars that were running under yellow a few years back to toss his helmet at Ryan Newman(I Think) and he got a standing ovation. Drag racing needs a little excitement:D

Looks like a bunch of brat kids out there throwing there toys at each other,glad NHRA isnt like this.

I wouldn't want to get hit by anything Allen Johnson might throw in anger. Dude's got an arm the size of a tree. How far did he huck that water bottle? Couple hundred feet?

Attendance has been horrible at Bristol lately. Wouldn't surprise me if the drivers were told in the driver's meeting to do anything they could to "bring back the old Bristol" now that the track has been "fixed".

I wish I could afford to throw my helmet.

MM, I think you just hit on the "next big thing" The NERF Throwing Helmet!
The next time GG asks in a top end interview "How does it feel?", every driver on the top end chucks his TNTH at him.... crews are allowed to chuck Nerf 14:71's, or Nerf Cylinder Head....

Think ya like my scar.... down from the right ear to just above shoulder, then across to middle of throat... they think they got it all... some fine pain killers... only downside is the liquid diet through my 'belly feed tube'... and they told me NO bourbon:mad:

cheers my Friend

Karl

MM, I think you just hit on the "next big thing" The NERF Throwing Helmet!
The next time GG asks in a top end interview "How does it feel?", every driver on the top end chucks his TNTH at him.... crews are allowed to chuck Nerf 14:71's, or Nerf Cylinder Head....

Think ya like my scar.... down from the right ear to just above shoulder, then across to middle of throat... they think they got it all... some fine pain killers... only downside is the liquid diet through my 'belly feed tube'... and they told me NO bourbon:mad:

cheers my Friend

Karl
I love your Idea Karl...and It is great to hear that they got it all. You, and I have a pretty close race going in pick the winners. Take care and stay safe my friend.

MM, I think you just hit on the "next big thing" The NERF Throwing Helmet!l

Karl, I think you might be on to something here, the NHRA could open up bids for the "official post race projectile" of the NHRA.

Competitors would be encouraged to throw the well branded projectile after close contests, aiming either at a competitors car or trailer or depending on the final sponsor even at the competitor during post race interviews.

For example if a burger company ended up being the "official" projectile, no problem winging a burger during interviews, "Hey Force, here's a hot Whopper aimed at your ear".

Its actually no fun to be on the receiving end though, I really did get "hammed" once during a dispute, stinky ham fat on the side of my head, yuck.

Last edited:
Hey if you guys want drama at the drag races start throwing stuff at the geico guys when they are trying to fill time in lol.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back