Shrubby on the pole (1 Viewer)

CrewGuy

Nitro Member
That boy is red-hot! He ran good at Hendricks but seems to be DRIVER at Gibbs right now. One question just jumps out though. Why didn't Rick let Mears go instead? Was it Kyle's attitude? I heard somewhere the decision was made right after last year's Allstar race; right after he wrecked his brother. Rick knew that Jr. was available and Shrubby was just too rambunctious to be a part of his organization anymore.

Speaking of Gibbs, where will Tony wind up next year?

I think Gibbs ended up with the better driver in the deal. The talent Kyle has shown this year proves he is one of the elite drivers in the series. I would rank Kyle up there with Stewart and Gordon in the terms of raw talent. I think Kyle didn't fit in at Hendrick with all of their drivers being politically correct when they speak to the media and with Kyle speaking his mind. As for Smoke, I think he will honor his contract with Gibbs for next year and after that it will come down to whether or not he wants to be on a competitive team. If he wants to continue to challenge for championships he will stay at Gibbs, but if he wants a flexible schedule and to call the shots on the team he will go the ownership route. Either way I will still be a fan of Tony.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back