Zizzo Racing Statement on the Retirement of NHRA Starter Rick Stewart (1 Viewer)

POMONA, Calif. – After 15 years as a constant presence on the starting line at drag strips all over the country, NHRA starter Rick Stewart is retiring from his post after today's Auto Club NHRA Finals. Zizzo Racing wishes him nothing but the best and has made the following statements:

Tony Zizzo, Team Owner: "The only problem I have with (Stewart retiring) is that him and my redheaded girlfriend/fiancee are like lovers! They always kiss each other before the first round. Every time we go to the starting line, they're kissing each other. That's good luck! We won't have that kiss anymore."

Cathie Gallo, Fan Relations/Aforementioned Redhead: "It's a sad day. I'm happy for him that he's going to get to do what we wants but what's weird is not seeing him at the starting line. We have our little ritual we do every race, we blow each other kisses. It's just not going to be the same without him up there. But I'm sure he's going to land somewhere good and I have a feeling he won't be leaving racing. I just love you, Rick Stewart, you're wonderful!"

TJ Zizzo, Driver: "Rick Stewart is the starter that has always started our PEAK Motor Oil/Herculiner car at the starting line and has always given us the thumbs up. He's always been a familiar face to me, that's the only face I know up there. I'm really gonna miss him and I know he's very good friends with most of our team members. Rick, good luck in the future and happy retirement!"

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 4
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back