Three fatalities at Reno Air Show (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
RGJ.com: Wyoming pilot dies in crash-Second fatality in three days at Reno air races

index

Reno Air Races crash | KSN.com - News, Weather, Sports - NBC - Wichita - Great Bend - Garden City - McCook - Kansas | Also in the news

reno air race crash - Google News

Officials: air races to resume Saturday
The Reno National Championship Air Races will continue Saturday, director Mike Houghton announced at an afternoon press conference. The announcement came Friday afternoon, after the races experienced their third pilot death this week and were suspended Friday. No details were immediately available about tomorrow’s racing schedule. Gary Hubler of Caldwell, Idaho, died Friday morning after being involved in a mid-air Formula One aircraft collision. Hubler’s death marked the third crash in four days, with fatalities occurring Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesday, Steve Dari, a former Navy fighter pilot, died in a crash after the engine on his biplane stalled. On Thursday, Brad Morehouse of Afton, Wyo., was killed when his L-39 Albatross slammed into the ground and burned in front of horrified spectators at Reno Stead Airport about 2:45 p.m. ... Full Story RGJ.com: Officials: air races to resume Saturday

The link to this and other articles about the races can be found at their front page:

RGJ.com: Reno Air Races 2007

My condolences to the family and friends of these pilots.

Last edited:
It's been a rough year for airshows and now the air races. I think the Blue Angels crash was the first, but there have been several since then and mostly involving very experienced pilots. I guess bad luck does run in bunches.

Great planes and great pilots. :( I was on vacation in Oregon that week, so luckily I didn't see it. May they rest in peace.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back