This isn't a TA/FC message board, but what do you guys think of this? Am I an IDIOT? (1 Viewer)

Re: This isn't a TA/FC message board, but what do you guys think of this? Am I an IDI

Hi JR:

Those who purchased will remain anonymous unless they want to spill the beans. I'll respect their privacy. You don't have to have an alky FC to buy it!

Dave: Good points...and I think I remember???!!! Post up some pics!!

I can appreciate that Randy, but would be interesting to see where they go from the new baseline. I wanted to run a nostalgia BB/FC in NE1 or similar, just never made it there....that could be a whole other thread.

Re: This isn't a TA/FC message board, but what do you guys think of this? Am I an IDI

RG, how much did you pay for your first FC in 1990? I remember the first time I saw you race was at Pomona 1991 when you ran a 6.15? What ever happened to that car?

RG, how much did you pay for your first FC in 1990? I remember the first time I saw you race was at Pomona 1991 when you ran a 6.15? What ever happened to that car?

It was a brand new car that Steve Plueger built for me. Kenny Mooers mounted the body and did the tin work. I remember by the time I got it out for license runs I had spent $96,000 on the car alone back in 1989-1990.

I sold it to Ron August in 2004 and he eventually took the Olds body off and put a new Mustang body on it. He ran it until he quit TAFC a couple years ago. I understand he sold it to someone in Australia.

I remember when this wannabe :D crew chief got his license at Bakersfield. It was pretty funny to here a guy who driven a 7 second altered say that the car was ahead of him. If I remember correctly he caught up with the car just fine and I think he did run in the 6's that weekend. Enjoy retirement! You going to join the Fullerton Yacht Club?:p:p

It was a brand new car that Steve Plueger built for me. Kenny Mooers mounted the body and did the tin work. I remember by the time I got it out for license runs I had spent $96,000 on the car alone back in 1989-1990.

I sold it to Ron August in 2004 and he eventually took the Olds body off and put a new Mustang body on it. He ran it until he quit TAFC a couple years ago. I understand he sold it to someone in Australia.

Wow $96,000 back then? I remember in 2008 or so, Paul Gill had a car that ran a 5.49 at Gainesville for sale for $100k turnkey for the longest time, probably sold it by now but it was for sale forever!

Last edited:

I remember when this wannabe :D crew chief got his license at Bakersfield. It was pretty funny to here a guy who driven a 7 second altered say that the car was ahead of him. If I remember correctly he caught up with the car just fine and I think he did run in the 6's that weekend. Enjoy retirement! You going to join the Fullerton Yacht Club?:p

You have a good memory!

Funny you should say "Fullerton Yacht Club." I told my wife I needed something to do to cut loose once in a while, so I went to Bert's Mega Mall in Covina over in Steve Gasparrelli's neck of the woods last week and bought a Yamaha FX SHO waverunner. It has a supercharged 1,800+ CC powerplant that will knock your sox off in the water. I took it to Puddingstone Wednesday to break it in, and a bunch of us are ditching work this coming Tuesday and are heading for Lake Perris for the day. Not exactly a yacht, but a lot easier to clean! And a lot more fun.:D

Nice thing is, after flying around on it for a couple of hours you don't need to knock the pan off it, pull the clutch out of it, service the transmission, pre enter every time you want to use it, and you don't have to listen to crummy announcers who think they are comedians all day because you got stuck pitted next to one of those poles with the speakers aimed at your trailer.;)

RG

Ah, Puddingstone. View from our recent campsite...

249059_549580245106464_1011110900_n.jpg

Have fun with your new toy Randy. I'm shopping for one too.

WOW, that left a mark!:D

Perris, next Tuesday? If you bring food I just might join you.:eek:

WORK!:):rolleyes:

didnt win the powerball Wednesday so go ahead and sell your tuneup:)

WOW, that left a mark!:D

Perris, next Tuesday? If you bring food I just might join you.:eek:

WORK!:):rolleyes:

Ooops...just found out it was changed to Monday. You professional announcers do get Mondays off, right!

Ah, Puddingstone. View from our recent campsite...

249059_549580245106464_1011110900_n.jpg

Have fun with your new toy Randy. I'm shopping for one too.

Wheeling and dealing at Bert's. Ask for Eric. If you get one give me a call. Here's what mine looks like...

Brand-New-YAMAHA-Fx-Sho-Jet-Ski-Waverunner-High-Output-YAMAHA-Marine-Engine.jpg

I have a lot of customers running the blown Kawasaki PWCs

Now that I'm retired and announcing is pretty much my only job I have a lot of days off.:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back