This is amazing! (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Horses - my other love besides drag racing!

No matter whether you ride or not, ...this is truly beautiful to watch....World Class Dressage final

Andreas Helgstrand on Blue Hors Matine.... WEB2006 Freestyle - STUNNING PERFORMANCE

I don't believe I've ever seen such a beautiful performance ! I had tears when this ride was completed. This mare loves what she is doing.

YouTube - ANDREAS HELGSTRAND - WEG2006 Freestyle Final

Anky Van Grunsven on Keltec Selinaro WEB2006 Freestyle (Anky won the event).
YouTube - ANKY VAN GRUNSVEN - WEG2006 Freestyle Final

I don't know.... I think Matine was better. :)

Glad a Jersey Girl is into Equines Jackee . Down here they number almost as many as people so it peaked my interest to find out that Texas or maybe the USA I don't know which has a law preventing the slaughter of horses for human consumption.
It was revealed the other day in Dallas that a plant that slaughters horses for Human consumption operates in McKinney Tx. a suburb of Dallas .
A state entity is supposed to investigate but if the flesh is being sold out of the jurisdiction then its no laws broken and business as usual.
The horse flesh is shipped and marketed to Europe and France in particular where it is considered a delicacy.
That thought doesn't endure me to the French as If I needed any more ammunition to dislike their bad habits.
On another sad note my cousin told me after lunch that I had just dined on a prize calf sold after wining a first place ribbon.
I told her I thought those critters got to romp and make a few more winners before suffering the fate of the more common variety.
She laughed and said I've been on that boat too long . They are bred to eat !
I said well they look good waiting around to get eaten anyway.

My cousin held me on an old mule on their farm in Florida when I was 6 months old. I was riding ponies by myself by the age of 2. I competed in horse shows, went on to teach horseback riding, and train horses before turning in my one horsepower for 435 under the hood.

When I was young, I thought by this time in my life I'd be on 500 acres somewhere in Virginia raising thoroughbreds... but hey! What did I know about life... I was young! HA!

I have fought the slaughter of wild mustangs as well as horses in general for human consumption. I eat less meat every year I am alive. And surely, if I had to kill something in order to eat, I would be a full fledged vegetarian by now.

On a brighter note, the two rides in those videos were stunning.... especially Matine. My dream, one of the few I still hold on to, is to one day visit the Spanish Riding School in Vienna to see, in their own historic arena, the magnificant Lippizzaner stallions performing their ballet. The elegant riders and beautiful Lipizzaner's perform classical dressage at in it's purest form and highest level. It is the epitome of harmony between horse and rider.

My cousin [ the lucky dog ] has the best of two worlds.
He has clasic muscile cars and his wife raises show horses.
I don't know much about horses but I do know cars and he has a bunch that are better than showroom new.
When I spend the night there before a car show I get to wake up and watch the horses playing in the field and he usually has three or four of the cars lined up for detailing.
I don't consider detailing these cars work!
36 Ford busness coupe with corvette drive train and shaved door handles and custom interior.
57 Belair 2 door HT same color as Jerrod's
69 plymouth roadrunner lime green
69 Z28 rs ss camaro full optioned and Red of course.
69 GTO Judge orange w/black decals.
72 SS 454 Chevelle SS Marina Blue [ Matches my Eyes ]
Yep some people have it made!

One of my best experiences is when I'm in a barn, alone, on a cold winter morning, just fed and hayed the horses, and the only sounds you hear are the oats being eaten, the hay being taken from the racks, the occasional stomping of a foot or swishing of a tail and the snorting of big nostrils. And when their warm breath that is expelled, it is hanging in the air just the same as I can see my own breath while talking to them.

Ah, those were the days! :)

I think Anky was more professional..but it was no where near the emotional performance of Matine. She had her tail wagging..(which is a no-no) but I loved it. She gave the crowd a performance..better music..more progressive instead of uppity (is that a word).

There really is nothing compares to human/horse as one...stunning.

Thanks for sharing that, Jackee..I even have the video saved.

Agreed. Anky is THE dressage rider in the world.

The tail swishing is because the mare is young.... I hope I can see her when she matures, if she's this good at 8 years old. She did make one small error towards the end of the ride, and that can be expected of a young horse. She seemed to settle down well into the performance. A wonderful ride.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back