Think Morgan Lucas is spreading himself too thin? (1 Viewer)

Thanks again to Evan for jumping in and clearing the air! We all appreciate you taking time from your undoubtedly busy schedule to visit with us here. Best of luck to you in all your endeavors for next year, and please continue to find time to drop in and keep us all informed. All of your contributions to drag racing are much, much appreciated.

Yeah, Evan is a stand up person and loves our sport.
As I said so there is no misunderstanding I like Don he is excellent for the sport and I hope he is around for many years to come but he doesn't run his operations with his own money if he did you would see Schumacher Electric on the side of his cars.
It is smart business to run with sponsorship dollars that way you don't have to dip into your own money to run.
Can he if he wanted to probably.
He is a very smart businessman above anything else. It's very fortunate that Evans companies are automotive related so it makes good sense to sponsor as many cars as he does because it's a win win situation I just wish NHRA would open up that exclusive usage policy they have so guy's like Evan can really see his sponsorship dollars return bigger dividends.
Thanks Evan I appreciate all you do for our beloved sport. :D

I thought about this for a while and my thoughts on the original question are yes... and no.

Sure, it appears Morgan may be struggling a little with all of his responsibilities and maybe that's translated to a less than stellar on track performance for the Lucas Oil Dragster. Does that mean he's spread too thin? Maybe.

But then again I seem to recall a budding Funny Car driver who did just about everything, including driving the rig, who struggled through the early stages of his pro career & things turned out alright for him... 13 championships (it's not 14 yet) & 120+ wins. If Morgan's career turns out 1/2 that good, we'll forget all about the 2006 season.

Morgan Lucas is one of my favorites on tour and it sucked to see him miss the field. There was a time earlier in the year when he lost 1st round and my dad said something interesting:

"He sure didn't have these problems when Joe Amato was the owner."

Now it is my opinion the maybe Morgan needs to give the role of owner and manager to his dad and just DRIVE. Anybody with me on this? I have a feeling that all that responsibility might be translating into negative performance at the track.

Now I know some of you might saying, "Well look at John Force..." Well John's been doing it for 30 some odd years! Morgan is a young guy, he shouldn't be burdened with so much, it's going to wear him out before he's 25.

Just goes to show there's more to running a team than just signing the checks. He seem's to be a savy kid and he is still a kid. I'd bet his dad is plenty busy without having to take on the management of the car too. Morgan will get it all figured out and probably sign some sort of a manager to help him out along the way.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back