Think Morgan Lucas is spreading himself too thin? (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Morgan Lucas is one of my favorites on tour and it sucked to see him miss the field. There was a time earlier in the year when he lost 1st round and my dad said something interesting:

"He sure didn't have these problems when Joe Amato was the owner."

Now it is my opinion the maybe Morgan needs to give the role of owner and manager to his dad and just DRIVE. Anybody with me on this? I have a feeling that all that responsibility might be translating into negative performance at the track.

Now I know some of you might saying, "Well look at John Force..." Well John's been doing it for 30 some odd years! Morgan is a young guy, he shouldn't be burdened with so much, it's going to wear him out before he's 25.

Morgan is a young guy, he shouldn't be burdened with so much, it's going to wear him out before he's 25.
Aaaah, poor Morgan.

I wish I had the burden of running a well funded nitro team on my terms.

Heaven forbid if he had to run our car. We'd have to put him on suicide watch.

OK, I wasn't trying to make fun of Morgan or anything....

Now, at the risk of sounding like I'm going OT here, let's make a camparo to NY Giants coach Tom Coughlin. When he was with the Jaguars, he also tried his hand at being general manager. He had 3 losing seasons before being fired. Now that he is just a coach, he is doing very well.

The point is that sometimes, it's best to stick to one thing and do it well.

Okay, okay, as much as it pains me,I will nominate myself to drive on Morgans behalf to allow him a little time to get on top of he business.

Whenever he feels necessary, i will hand th keys back to him! ;)

Gee, I wonder if he's going to feel the pressure to win from his sponsor.
Maybe mom won't wash his clothes.

Seriously, NOBODY on the tour has the luxury that Morgan has.
I think he seems like a very nice kid, and I wish him all the best. Many World championships will come his way, but spreading himself too thin?
What a joke.

I think Morgan is just too young at this point. If he is indeed in control of his team is his familie's first mistake. He needs a team manager so he can still be a kid. In a few years, he'll know all of the ropes, have some real world experience, and will command a little more respect than what he currently does.

Right

Morgan is a great businessman.....one hell of a driver as well.....I fail to see him missing the field due to him running the team business! What I do see here is alot of jealousy...the Lucas's are the very best when it comes to people helping others.....if some want to hate.....hate the game not the players....

KB

I don't mind Morgan at all and would like to see him do well.

I ain't jealous by any stretch, envious yes!

the Lucas's are the very best when it comes to people helping others.....if some want to hate.....hate the game not the players....KB

I agree with that. They were instumental in Ward Burton making a start in NASCAR when no one else would. You gotta like thaaaaaaat:)

Morgan will be fine, and he will be good for the sport, just as his parents have already been. Winning in any class is never as simple as just throwing money at it (although that helps :D ).

Morgan running the business isn't the problem. :cool:
The problem is his crew chief he isn't one of the top notch guy's. Richard Hogan coming over to that teams umbrella with Melanie will make a big difference in his performance and it may even improve all involved now that he will get 2 cars worth of information. ;)
I would love to see Morgan do well he is a good kid he can't help that his father is a good businessman if I were that sucessful I would do all I could to help my son/daughter to be sucessful. ;)

Morgan running the business isn't the problem. :cool:
The problem is his crew chief he isn't one of the top notch guy's. Richard Hogan coming over to that teams umbrella with Melanie will make a big difference in his performance and it may even improve all involved now that he will get 2 cars worth of information. ;)

Let's take a look at some of these issues:
1. I posted that the Lucas team was going backwards and blowing S$$$ up on every run and got slammed. Then - Morgan shows up in the "Penalty Box" with Mike and Marty and admits the team needs help.
2. Melanie and Richard may not be moving to the reported Lucas/Torco team without some difficulties. During an interview on Sunday's show, Melanie was very quiet about her move to Lucas/Torco.
3. We have three very powerful team owners (all of whom have virtually unlimited funding) involved in this deal. IF Don releases Mel and Richard, someone is going to have to take control of this two car TF team.
Morgan, Evan or Richard? It's gonna be very interesting!

Let's take a look at some of these issues:
1. I posted that the Lucas team was going backwards and blowing S$$$ up on every run and got slammed. Then - Morgan shows up in the "Penalty Box" with Mike and Marty and admits the team needs help.
2. Melanie and Richard may not be moving to the reported Lucas/Torco team without some difficulties. During an interview on Sunday's show, Melanie was very quiet about her move to Lucas/Torco.
3. We have three very powerful team owners (all of whom have virtually unlimited funding) involved in this deal. IF Don releases Mel and Richard, someone is going to have to take control of this two car TF team.
Morgan, Evan or Richard? It's gonna be very interesting!

Evan Knoll
Verified Member Join Date: Jul 2006
vCash: 500

Hello to all here.
1st off on Mels car it was said from me that "no way" will the V sticker be put on that car and Mikes car also.
2nd. Don went out and got the V to sponsor his cars etc and that is true I dont own Mels stuff but the fact is anything on that unit must go thru me before its put on its my $$$$$$$$$$$ that is behind that team.
3rd. Lucas oil and the family is a great friend of mine and we do business togeather and to sell someone down the river for a few bucks after what that man has done in racing and FREE oil and additives and posting $$$$$ is not cool with me. Keep in mind this is being done Mid-Season and I beleave thats just wrong. I Heard about this when I was in Indy and I went in the lanes and started to take off the V stickers on Mels unit.
4th Don and I talked and its all ok now he can keep the V stickers on Mikes unit.
5th. Jr's dragster had the V sticker on it and the deal was DONE before I came into a sponsor realionship with them.
6th. I will be running another Top Fuel team with Lucas oil next year as a two car team.

Thanks Evan Knoll.

That is the quote by Evan himself. Melanie was being PC in the world of business she can't say anything my business sense says it's a done deal they wont say anything until the season is over.
Yes Don,Forrest and Evan have a ton of $$ but Don doesn't race with his own money he may buy the equipment but he won't run on his own money.
That's were guy's like Evan and Forrest come in they sponsor the car so they can run it.
I like Don he is good for the sport but he doesn't run on his own money.
Evan on another thread said he was glad to be keeping the team in tack and he is moving that team to the Lucas camp.
The quote above will kind of shed some light on why he is moving the team. ;)

1st off I respect Don for everything he brought to Drag racing we had a Small problem and its all in the past. Now then about Morgan he is a very smart man and has alot going for himself this is his 1st year on his own and did pretty good I am proud of him. Business is business and going to Lucas is a great move with Mel and the team and trust me Morgan will be just fine for 2007 we have alot of tools that we will be working with and all I can say is that 2007 cant get here fast enough for me. PS. I really got my feet wet with Don in the NHRA last year and this year he has tought me alot and I thank him and i am glad to be his friend now and also in the future. Thanks Evan.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back