Things to do at Indy! (1 Viewer)

Meeks

Nitro Member
So we're flying out tomorrow morning for Indy! I know I'm not the only one thats going for the first time so what does everybody got planned for the weekend besides being at the races? Are there any special driver apperances and cool places to go? I know in the indy bus thread this was talked about a little bit but I thought for all of us going we could check in to see whats in store! Hope everyone has a great time! :)

Barry's right, The Indianapolis Museum is a MUST! Plus the DSR Open house on Friday from 10 AM till ??? Mikaela make sure and stop by one of our mater meetings, joe

For those of you getting there Thrusday the Staging Lane Bar and Grill is going to be rocking with a cool band Freddie Won't Show.

Friday and Saturday there will be smoked pork and cold drinks!

Satging Lanes is just less than a mile from the tracks main entrace

Be there or be square! :D

So we're flying out tomorrow morning for Indy! I know I'm not the only one thats going for the first time so what does everybody got planned for the weekend besides being at the races? Are there any special driver apperances and cool places to go? I know in the indy bus thread this was talked about a little bit but I thought for all of us going we could check in to see whats in store! Hope everyone has a great time! :)

Mikela - if you get in early enough tomorrow, go to the Speedway for the Museum and bus tour - $4.00 per person. Union Jack Pub for dinner at Crawfordsville and I 465 - lots of Ron Burton oil paintings and his incredible helmet collection.
Lunch Friday at Bricker's in Brownsburg then down Northsville road past JFR to DSR open house. Over the railroad tracks and left on 136 (which apparently is now open for traffic) past County Road 1000 to ORP!
Saturday night - downtown Indy! Unlimited budget? St. Elmo's Steakhouse and then clubbing at Six on Meridian. Or . . . Bucco de Peppo (Italian and lots of fun) and Weber Grille (across the street) where everything is cooked on classic Weber Grilles. Slippery Noodle is a cool Jazz spot but always packed! Traffic and parking are crazy downtown - a real map and some internet research are required. If you didn't go to Six (;)) , make time to take a drive around Lucas Oil Stadium . . . typical Forrest first class !
Sunday morning - breakfast at Charlie Brown's on Main Street just south of the Speedway. Great food and the waitresses and cooks are a blast!
A short list of my favorites - haven't touched on IndyCar and Drag Racing shops and some amazing fabricators. Indy is a great town and you will find that everyone is happy to see race fans. Have fun! - Jim

Mikaela, it's INDY! Go to the track, stay all day. Go to your room tired and dream of fuelers and floppers. Get up, go back to the track. Repeat.

Does anyone remember the show downtown in the early '80s? It was sort of a small PRI show, with engines, chassis, & other mfg. booth displays. It was a lot of fun, but only lasted a year or two, I think. I remember it being a great show to attend at night after being at the track all day. I believe the last time it was there was '84.

Got here Tuesday and am having a blast!
Toured the Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum yesterday and then out to the track to watch super comp, etc...
Went back to IMS today to take the 1.5 hr track tour. Kissed the bricks:D visited the Pagoda, sat in timing and scoring, victory lane...then headed to the Indianapolis Zoo. Colts are playing a pre-season game tonight but we decided not to go so we can be ready for the next 4 days at the track. The new Lucas Oil Stadium is beautiful!

Construction is everywhere!! Drivers on the road around here are nuts!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back