the unfinished business cars (2 Viewers)

R.I.P. O.C.I.R.

Nitro Member
did anyone hear of what became of those cars? warrens belongs in a museum somewhere. and we can delete post after answer. thx dave

Attachments

• ace-wj.jpg
    ace-wj.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 6
They were just Toyota Camrys with a wrap. Probably got the wraps removed and sent to dealers as used cars.

many years from now i would think warrens car would be worth keeping for what he did. it is FULLY drag racing history
Really , drag racing history????
He probably just did something as simple as"minimize" the delay in the drive-by-wire electrical throttle system.
Hardly a museum piece.

Maybe not museum pieces but I have a hard time believing the value of those cars would be greater than jost the value of a used Camry. Imagine having
Snake's Army car as your everyday car!

I thought I remember hearing that they might bring the cars back at another event this year. Indy???

well steve mills, there are a HELLUVA lot of race cars out there we want back that are gone forever. so we simply have another ignorant that does not give a shit about the future generation seeing a car that made history. with a screwdriver and air pressure gauge. so i guess i will agree with steve. sell it as a used car and 50 years from now when these drivers are no longer with us, we would have ZERO interest in that car. = IGNORANT. put that car in the next barrett jackson auto auction and someone will pay double it is worth. simply because warren won with it using nothing more than a screwdriver and air pressure gauge. that is what makes the car special. one thing we all know for sure, you would not have been bright enough to do such a thing. -dave

Last edited:
well steve mills, there are a HELLUVA lot of race cars out there we want back that are gone forever. so we simply have another ignorant that does not give a shit about the future generation seeing a car that made history. with a screwdriver and air pressure gauge. so i guess i will agree with steve. sell it as a used car and 50 years from now when these drivers are no longer with us, we would have ZERO interest in that car. = IGNORANT. put that car in the next barrett jackson auto auction and someone will pay double it is worth. simply because warren won with it using nothing more than a screwdriver and air pressure gauge. that is what makes the car special. one thing we all know for sure, you would not have been bright enough to do such a thing. -dave

Wow. The delusion runs deep in here. First and foremost, that's not a "race car". It's a piece of crap family sedan with a cheesy wrap on it. There is and was nothing historical about it. Only a fool would pay more than that car is worth just because WJ sat behind the wheel and maybe tweaked it with a screwdriver. But hey, a couple of old sayings come to mind. "There's a sucker born every minute" and "There's an ass for every seat".

If they had run one of the performance cars offered up by the big 3 these days, your point might be justified. Even then it would be a stretch that it should be in a museum.

Was it ever proven that he even did anything repeatable to the car?

Somewhere I saw on the interwebs fairly recently that there is a device you can plug into you OBD port that runs a performance tune, I believe they could be ordered for any car. Would be as simple as getting in the car, plugging it in, run the car and at the turn off pull it out and throw it in your pocket. I'm NOT saying that's what he did, just saying that tech is out there.

I'd take them to Barrett Jackson
JMO but I don't think they are BJ material. Like Vaughn said, the cars are just not that special. The event itself was cooler than I thought it would be, was fun to watch. But the cars themselves, not so much.

if warrens car was put on barrett-jackson right now the biggest idiot on this planet would be vaughn. :) it is basically worthless right now, if it rolled across barrett-jackson now it would sell fairly. cheap. and in 50 years the value of the car will be more than vaughns gross worth. and i DID NOT SAY CARS, nunzio, read the post before answering to it. see how you ppl react before you read?? i said nothing of THOSE CARS, this is all about one car. as ken bode said, barrett-jackson garlits car and see what happens. one more time for those of you that have difficulty reading, this is concerning ONE car. warrens. i never used the word "THEY", proving nunzio is talking out the side of his mouth.

if warrens car was put on barrett-jackson right now the biggest idiot on this planet would be vaughn. :) it is basically worthless right now, if it rolled across barrett-jackson now it would sell fairly. cheap. and in 50 years the value of the car will be more than vaughns gross worth. and i DID NOT SAY CARS, nunzio, read the post before answering to it. see how you ppl react before you read?? i said nothing of THOSE CARS, this is all about one car. as ken bode said, barrett-jackson garlits car and see what happens. one more time for those of you that have difficulty reading, this is concerning ONE car. warrens. i never used the word "THEY", proving nunzio is talking out the side of his mouth.

:D

I stand by my original post! That car won't be worth a hill of beans in 50 years. It'll still be a piece of crap Toyota family sedan! Do those crappy Toyota's even last 50 years? I can't remember the last time I saw one at a classic car show! But yes, whatever it's worth will be more than my gross worth if I'm still alive, I'll be 105 years old!

Keep preaching it though, Dave! You might be responsible for the first survivor 50 year old Toyota family sedan ever!

Dave I referred to “cars” in general because the original thread was about all of them. Sorry i didn’t mean to “talk out of the side of my mouth”. You do realize your responses are pretty juvenile don’t you? You’re quite the conversationalist!

Why would a dead stock Toyota Camry with a Warren Johnson wrap increase in value? It's not like he did anything unique to the car, he just drove it. By your logic any rental car he drove should increase in value....

Why would a dead stock Toyota Camry with a Warren Johnson wrap increase in value? It's not like he did anything unique to the car, he just drove it. By your logic any rental car he drove should increase in value....
The car is just like any used car. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm sure there are some Drag race fans with big pockets who would pay. It only takes 2 folks with money and desire to make an auction.

The car is just like any used car. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm sure there are some Drag race fans with big pockets who would pay. It only takes 2 folks with money and desire to make an auction.
That’s actually true. Any car, or anything for that matter, is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back