The new Rt. 66 "Tailgate parking section" (1 Viewer)

Tiggy

Nitro Member
Does anyone know where this is located besides the north side? I was unaware of it till the friend I go with every year emailed me yesterday. We are usually there around 7 and almost always park in row C so easy in and out all day. Kind of (really) pissed him off.
To quote "I'm not sure if I plan on going to the NHRAs or not this year, but did you see the new tailgating scam? $30 a day or $75 for all three days if you want a prime parking spot. What a bunch of BULLSHIT! Just another reason why I am losing interest in the NHRA."
I'm reserving my judgement till I have more info.

Does anyone know where this is located besides the north side? I was unaware of it till the friend I go with every year emailed me yesterday. We are usually there around 7 and almost always park in row C so easy in and out all day. Kind of (really) pissed him off.
To quote "I'm not sure if I plan on going to the NHRAs or not this year, but did you see the new tailgating scam? $30 a day or $75 for all three days if you want a prime parking spot. What a bunch of BULLSHIT! Just another reason why I am losing interest in the NHRA."
I'm reserving my judgement till I have more info.
They have a fenced in tailgate section in the Pomona parking lot. $50 a day on Saturday or Sunday. I've often wondered how many are there for the races and how many are there just for the party.

I think it is a great idea and it serves a few purposes. If they are offering prime up front parking for you to tailgate (and denying someone who is not there to tailgate, a chance to park close to the gate) then I can understand the extra cost. When you go to a baseball, football, etc, they charge a whole whole whole lot more to park, and you can't even get a glimpse of the action from the parking lot. Also, another great perk of it is, for spectators who are not there to tailgate, is the fact that they don't have to drive through dumped grill charcoal or avoid crushed beer cans that are strewn about, or have the aisle that they are trying to leave out of blocked by a pop up tent or game of bags. Conversely, you don't have to be hassled with moving all those things because someone needs to get by. Also now you don't have to get there at 7 just to get up front parking, now you can come at your convenience and have an area roped off especially for you.

I should say that by "you" i mean joe tailgate and not anyone here in particular.

I can see that Dave. I text him today and offered to pay if need be. If I can talk him down and we go we'll be there at 7 regardless. Cook a killer breakfast and be in for stock.

All-Star Saturday is one of the greatest days of racing! I can't wait! I hope it works out for you guys.

The VIP Parking at Rt. 66 is the best I have seen! $30 a day seems high, but your maybe a block from the Pro pits!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back