Rt. 66 on it's Last Legs??? (1 Viewer)

Amen, brother! I said it before and I'll say it again, the best thing that could happen to the NHRA would be ownership and operation under Bader Sr., Jr., and their crew. If that were to ever materialize, we would all be amazed at the amount of changes for the better that would happen, especially in the area of weak-suck spectator attendance. Not overnight, but it would happen.

Sean D

Hell just hire Bill Bader Jr. as Full time NHRA Marketing director, he'll show NHRA what Marketing and advertising is!:rolleyes:

last year we waited 60 minutes for friday tickets-when i flashed 2 fingers in line for tickets -security immediatedly ask me to leave ther track no mas!!!

didn't everyone want Bruton Smith to buy and save NHRA from the ashes as well? . . .be careful for what you wish.

Not I.......

Bruton obviously has a lot of money, but my money is on the fact that Bill Bader, both Sr. and Jr., could show Bruton a thing or two about running a Drag Race.

Sean D

Is Broadway Bob from from Uniongrove available? Not sure but I think he passed on. Now he ran a hell of a show. Had good chicken too.

Don't Bury Poor Broadway....... He's still alive and kickin. Still wearing the Wild color outfits too.

Why would they level the Dragstrip to make a parking lot when there is 1000's of acres of farm land to the Left Right and Rear of the Nascrap track?

Bobby - just thought the fan's profanity was obviously uncalled for.
i can see the track being sympathetic to the man's concerns up until
the 'f-bomb'.......at that point all credibility is lost........IMO

You might drop the f bomb too after waging a couple of small kids all over the place and getting the run around. I agree, he shouldn't have used that kind of language (nor should anybody else), but at least he did admit in his part of the story that he said it. Sounds like from some of the comments, the track has some management and promotion problems. Sure hate for another track to go by the wayside---we are still smarting over here after Memphis closed.:(

Ive heard the rumors also...Some other thoughts...There has been several very interested buyers in the facility but heres the catch...ISC wont sell the land..you get the facility but a lease for the real estate...Who would get into that? As far as the way its run........It may be the worst ive ever seen in my opinion. If you werent a fan and lived near by you wonder why it is thundering every few minutes when the sun is out!! I hope it doesnt happen...guess we will find out at Indy when the schedule comes out.

I have to agree on this. Being in customer service, once a customer starts cussing or hurling insults any attempt to go the extra mile goes right out the window.

BTW, upon hearing this news I just have to say this: Those god damn NASCRAP people! :mad:

disagree--- after a certain point when his civility was not met with any understanding or compassion when people kept passing the buck that he rightly got extremely upset and at that point what he said was not out of the question. Employees of the track have to show concern and try to bring the problem to the person who is high up enough to solve it. Can't understand why a family with small children cannot attend a drag race. Absolutely unacceptable
as far as I am concerned. I brought my son to englishtown when he was in a stroller. that was 20 yrs ago.

I have to agree on this. Being in customer service, once a customer starts cussing or hurling insults any attempt to go the extra mile goes right out the window.

Being in customer service myself, I can see your side of it.... BUT, to provide excellent customer service, you have to remember that you don't know what the customer has been through or is going through. You should review all aspects of the issue before making your decision based on the good of the company as well as the customer, but also as though you were in the customer's shoes. To allow yourself an emotional reaction is never the best idea and even when you have to tell the customer "no," it can be done in a polite and respectful fashion and ultimately may leave the customer more satisfied and calmer than they arrived. You have to remember always, that the customer cannot reach through the phone to you, neither can they see what you are looking at, they can only hear your attitude and words through the phone.

I remember my first year at Rt. 66 when Dale Coyne had an interest. He came up in the stands and was asking us what we though and what could improve. You could tell he was interested.

Friday, while sitting next to a concession stand, a guy in a black and silver golf shirt, about 55 yo, with slicked back gray hair was talking to a couple. Some guy came up and said, have you ever met Steve Speiss' brother and it caught my attention. As they talked, it became apparent he managed the track or was in a leadership position. What concerned me was some of the things he said I thought was unprofessional, so and so smoking dope, that kind of stuff. I won't go into detail but he didn't do a very good job representing the sport.

I'll spend my money going to US141 or Cordova and watch my favorite stars on ESPN2.

While I'm still on my soapbox, I would like to remind everyone the Chicagoland area used to support 4 or 5 drag strips. Great Lakes still runs 5 or 6 days per week. Byron still has a decent crowd but a lot of guys don't want to trailer up to Wisc. or over to Byron. If Rt.66 was managed correctly, they could pull 500+ cars on the weekend and Wednesday nights. Give the consumer a fair deal for his money and he'll be there. Rt.66 is one of the best tracks in the country.

If Rt.66 was managed correctly, they could pull 500+ cars on the weekend and Wednesday nights. Give the consumer a fair deal for his money and he'll be there. Rt.66 is one of the best tracks in the country.

That's what I would've thought, too, William. For the life of me, I could never figure out how you could have a facility of that caliber in one of the more densely popluated areas around, yet they can't get the cars there. That is, until I went there for a match race one time with a nostalgia group I was running with at the time.

The tech procedure was nothing short of a joke. Completely disorganized, along with incompetent and rude officials conducting the inspection. I can deal with incompetence as long as it's not accompanied by rudeness, as well as the other way around. But when they're together......................:mad:

It's a shame, too, 'cause our car hauled a$$ up there.

Sean D

Well for starters-until the economy improves the drag strip won't be going anywhere. If they can't fill the grandstands for an NHRA drag race how are they going to fill up another Hotel/Resort. I stayed at the Motel 6 out on Mall Loop Road for only $49.99 a night. Granted I booked the room last September. It didn't kill me to drive 25 minutes to the track.

As far as the weather goes it's June and it's the Mid West. Incliment weather is going to happen regardless.

The Stroller guy... Well I also work in Customer Service for both of my jobs- once someone starts using profanity- all bets are off. I have actauly turned around and walked away from a customer for using profanity. If both parties keep it clean and professional an agreement should be reached.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back