The Innovators - a book on history of computers (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
If you like history of technology type books, check out The Innovators by Walter Isaacson. Good read on the history of computers and the internet. Isaacson wrote the authorized biography of the late Steve Jobs, and has also written a biography of Einstein.

Al Gore invented the internet...that's all I know :)

This book actually covers Gore's involvement in the development of the internet. While he didn't do anything on the technical side, he was the politician that did the most for laying the groundwork to make the internet available to the masses and businesses, instead of it being a military/academic only thing. There were some dialup services back then, but I think they hosted their own forums, not like usenet and the like. I was in school when the internet took off, it was pretty cool to witness.

I knew that reply of mine would turn political, which wasn't my intent. It was meant as a conveyance of fact. There are is record of what transpired during early nineties legislation and "inventing the Internet" is not what he said during 2000 election campaign, it's what what the pundits decided he said.

I knew that reply of mine would turn political, which wasn't my intent. It was meant as a conveyance of fact. There are is record of what transpired during early nineties legislation and "inventing the Internet" is not what he said during 2000 election campaign, it's what what the pundits decided he said.
Sorry Tom I was just making joke of it cause people in north with all the snow and cold in Midwest.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back