The "fanboy" syndrome. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Ever wonder what a fanboy syndrome is? It's when you tell somebody something about a product they use and they get all pissy.

Let's look at a few examples:

BMW (and Benz) owners:

He tells you he is buying a BMW in a few days. You respond by simply saying, "Might want to buy 2, as you'll need it when your main is always in the shop." He fires back by saying how he's never had an issues with his Bimmers and yada yada.

Lexus owners:

You tell someone that he could have saved 10 grand by buying a V6 Camry XLE over that Lexus ES350. He retorts that he wouldn't be caught dead in a Toyota and they the Lexus is a much better car, even though the only thing different about the 2 vehicles is the dashboard and head/taillights.

People who drive when talking on a cell phone:

You tell them that they should invest in a hands-free, and they tell you that drivers while jabbering is no dangerous than reaching over to change the station, yet it's been reported that driving while talking increases the chance of an accident by 95%.

Dell computer owners:

You tell them instead of a Dell why don't they go with an ABS or Velocity Micro. They tell you it's because of the name and the great support. Then when they have an issue they complain that they can't understand a single word the Dell techs are saying (meanwhile, ABS and VM have US-based tech support).

Yeah I know, slow news day. :D

Man, I have 2 Dells, 1 old Gateway, and an older Compaq laptop...Guess which "two" gives us more trouble:mad: I had to deal with tech support 1 time with Dell and told myself "never again"!!!

As an Information technology company, every associate has either a Desktop or Laptop..... The only computer we use is Dell.

We had a deal with Dell also and, at least on the corporate side of things, their tech support was positively stellar. I can't speak to the quality of their consumer support.

when dealin with dell tech support, ask for second tier support. You get someone in the US that speaks engligh then.

I've had a Del laptop for over two years......I've never had problem one. And we all know how much I'm on it. ;)

I've never had to call Dell after I bought the both my laptop and my desktop.

What gets me is when I call American Express and get somebody from India who can't pronounce my last name not only do they not put forth the effort, they insist they are saying it right and they refuse to call me by my first name.

I'm sordy madman, it tis against co-pony po le see to e-dress you by your primary name.

Is it your company po le see to mutilate my surname? And to call me a madman when I am rapidly becoming a really mad woman?

I've never had to call Dell after I bought the both my laptop and my desktop.

What gets me is when I call American Express and get somebody from India who can't pronounce my last name not only do they not put forth the effort, they insist they are saying it right and they refuse to call me by my first name.

I'm sordy madman, it tis against co-pony po le see to e-dress you by your primary name.

Is it your company po le see to mutilate my surname? And to call me a madman when I am rapidly becoming a really mad woman?

Stop it! You're killin' me. Thanks for the chuckle, although I know how infuriating it is.

when dealin with dell tech support, ask for second tier support. You get someone in the US that speaks engligh then.

The same thing works for AT&T/SBC DSL...tier 2 all the way. I tried to speak to someone in tier 1 the other day....couldn't even understand his name...I still think it was Trout. I say hey fishhead...transfer me!

We had a deal with Dell also and, at least on the corporate side of things, their tech support was positively stellar. I can't speak to the quality of their consumer support.

Funny you mention how the corporate stuff is great while everywhere people are bashing the consumer offering. It actually happens with a lot of companies and it makes perfect sense: businesses want software/hardware that is not going to give them grief and don't care if they have to pay a little bit more. That's why many companies make great business stuff and shove crap on consumers.

Let's look at a few examples:

Compaq Presario desktop PC = Crap. Compaq (HP) Proliant Servers = Some of the best out there.

HP Pavilion PCs = Crap. HP Vectra workstations = One of the best to get.

Lexmark home printers = stay away, total junk! Lexmark business laser printers = great (but still not as good as HP).

Any Norton (Symantec) home software = wouldn't recommend on my worst enemy. Symantec corporate security software = one of the best.

Mcafee software = pretty much anything they make is crap!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back