The Christmas Tree (1 Viewer)

Can someone point me in the right direction? I need to know the timing sequence of a christmas tree. NHRA style. Do other tracks also use a light where each individual yellow lights light in sequence? If so would need timing for that also. What exactly is the amount of time between light on each style?

Thanks in advance.

How much do you know about NHRA drag racing? that will help me to explain lights. and what is it you are looking for?

I imagine this is to replicate a tree for home decor? (ps....your significant other will love the rear drag slick coffee table that goes with the tree)

ps....was curious, so googled "christmas tree drag sequence" and indeed got numerous "hits"....might be worth a looksee

Enough I guess except for this. LOL what are you asking. I'm building a game. I want to have 2 sets of lights, one "pro" one "sportsman"

I know after pre staged you have seven seconds, (per Johnny Gray) what is the rest for both.

Thanks

Last edited:
each category has its own set of parameters plus a random delay from full stage to tree firing.
Full tree is then .500 second light to light so 1.5 second from first amber to green.
Pro Tree is .370 second from Amber to green.

Thats why asked how much you knew about NHRA racing. Off top of my head without getting my set up book out I can think of 5 different setting for stage to fire and thats just National event Classes.

I imagine this is to replicate a tree for home decor? (ps....your significant other will love the rear drag slick coffee table that goes with the tree)

ps....was curious, so googled "christmas tree drag sequence" and indeed got numerous "hits"....might be worth a looksee

Did google it just checking here with the experts.

Thanks

Enough I guess except for this. LOL what are you asking. I'm building a game. I want to have 2 sets of lights, one "pro" one "sportsman"

I know after pre staged you have seven seconds, (per Johnny Gray) what is the rest for both.

Thanks

What Johnny was talking about is the second driver in the Pros have 7 seconds to stage after the first driver stages or the tree will fire without him.

going for accuracy? don't make the interval 7 seconds long, that's when you get timed-out....most will stage within seconds of the other.....and it's when both are pre-staged, and then one stages, then the other driver has seven seconds to stage before being timed-out, but that's actually an eternity when your mind is seeing things slow-motion....

if I remember correctly, the 0.370 comes from the four tenths light interval that used to be the norm with incandescent lights, once they went to LED, the three hundreths in the bag comes from the amount of time it took for full illumination of the LED's

funny how much science there is just in drag racing's starting system....

I'm sure more than a few here remember the fashion of the day during a brief period in the 80's was sunglasses that the pros used that focused the incoming wavelengths to the spectrum that enhanced a driver to see the green.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back