ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
~How the "Left" Stole Christmas~

T'was the month before Christmas

When all through our land,

Not a Christian was praying

Nor taking a stand.

See the PC Police had taken away,
The reason for Christmas - no one could say.

The children were told by their schools not to sing,

About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.

It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say,

December 25th is just a "Holiday."

Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit

Pushing folks down just to get it!

CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod.

Something was changing, something quite odd!

Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa...

In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.

As Targets and Wal-Mart were hanging their trees upside down,

At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found,

At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears -

You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.

Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty,

Are words that were used to intimidate me.

Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen

On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!

At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter

To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.

And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith

Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace

The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded

The reason for the season, stopped before it started.

So as you celebrate "Winter Break" under your "Dream Tree"

Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me. ~ ~ ~

Choose your words carefully, choose what you say...

Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, not Happy Holiday!

:D I'll be wearing my CHRISTMAS scrub top to work tomorrow. It actually has Christian illustrations on it, manger with a baby Jesus:eek: , stars, shepherds, angels, etc. I hunted high and low, far and wide for the fabric. It's a "kiddie" print, but it is so cute and appropriate this time of year. Sadly, it was the only CHRISTmas fabric I could find. Plenty of snowmen, santas, "Holidays" fabric, though. I refuse to give up or give in.

BTW, the nursery is going to be Noah's Ark;) .

:D I'll be wearing my CHRISTMAS scrub top to work tomorrow. It actually has Christian illustrations on it, manger with a baby Jesus:eek: , stars, shepherds, angels, etc. I hunted high and low, far and wide for the fabric. It's a "kiddie" print, but it is so cute and appropriate this time of year. Sadly, it was the only CHRISTmas fabric I could find. Plenty of snowmen, santas, "Holidays" fabric, though. I refuse to give up or give in.

I hear you. Took me 2 stores and a 1/2 hour just to find Christmas Cards, that had the word "Christmas."

Sears, Walmart, and Macys realized they were biting the hand that feeds them and reversed their anti-Christmas policy. Yet Crate & Barrell and Best Buy are goin for the aclu-lead anti-christmas policy. How dumb and hypocritical. They make their money from Christmas sales yet they want to pretend we are celebrating winter. Screw them! don't buy from them at Christmas. I'm not.

Actually, the tides may be turning?
Two years ago my wife and I set out to find a nativity to display in lieu of a giant snowman, Santa figure, etc. Home Depot, Target, Wal-Mart, Costco, etc. had nothing related to Christ or his birth. At Lowes, we finally found a cheezy one made of lights but at least it was the "Reason for the Season" and after being worn out looking we put it up. This year, Home Depot and Wal-Mart had a number of Real Christmas items but at Sam's Club we found a full three-foot tall composite nativity. It was pricy but well worth it! It proudly sits atop a 4x8 setting with base lighting and even a star over head. I've been seeing Real Christmas stuff all over and employees are again allowed to say Merry Christmas in most stores.
Maybe this political correctness is backfiring with mainstream America?
I sure hope so!
I'll sure tell you that there's no way I could be offended by another's display of their belief unless it intentionally ridiculed mine.
In fact, I applaud the likes of the Jewish displaying the menorah for Chanukah. It's most appropriate for them as well.

In fact, I applaud the likes of the Jewish displaying the menorah for Chanukah. It's most appropriate for them as well.

Funny, I have a friend who's Jewish and for a long time she would send me great Christian e-mails with God spelled out "G-D". It puzzled me for a while but when I got a Christmas card from her where she crossed out the "o" on the preprinted CHRISTmas card, I finally sent her an e-mail asking her about it.

She told me that she knew I was Catholic and respected that but her believes are that saying "God" is like swearing or blashphemy and they didn't even like writing "God" and instead wrote the closest thing to "His name" in Yiddish. I think that's what she meant anyway. Feel free to correct me.

We got to talking about the displays and she doesn't understand why people are trying to sqaush CHRISTmas. In fact, she likened it very much for a hollocaust of the faith.

She also said if people tell her happy holidays, she responds with Happy HOLYdays.

You GO girl! :D

Funny, I have a friend who's Jewish and for a long time she would send me great Christian e-mails with God spelled out "G-D". It puzzled me for a while but when I got a Christmas card from her where she crossed out the "o" on the preprinted CHRISTmas card, I finally sent her an e-mail asking her about it.

She told me that she knew I was Catholic and respected that but her believes are that saying "God" is like swearing or blashphemy and they didn't even like writing "God" and instead wrote the closest thing to "His name" in Yiddish. I think that's what she meant anyway. Feel free to correct me.

We got to talking about the displays and she doesn't understand why people are trying to sqaush CHRISTmas. In fact, she likened it very much for a hollocaust of the faith.

She also said if people tell her happy holidays, she responds with Happy HOLYdays.

In the days when the Old Testament was written, God referred to himself as "I AM WHO I AM" or 'I WILL BE WHO I WILL BE" ...as when he revealed Himself to Moses at the burning bush, Ex.3. The name of God was too sacred to be uttered, was abbreviated or written "YHWH" without vowel points. This is most likely why your friend crossed out the 'o' in God. (Yahweh is the covenant name of God-Jehovah in our English translation bibles)

He was referred to by other descriptive names by the Ancient Hebrews

JEHOVAH-JIREH: The Lord will Provide
JEHOVAH-ROPHE: The Lord Who Heals
JEHOVAH-SHALOM: The Lord Our Peace
JEHOVAH-M'KADDESH: The Lord Who Sanctifies
JEHOVAH ELOHIM: LORD God
EL SHADDAI: God Almighty or "God All Sufficient."
ADONAI: Lord in our English Bibles
EL: God ("mighty, strong, prominent")
ELOHIM: God
I AM:

There were many more descriptions of God used in ancient times, to refer to the Creator, without speaking or writing His name.

"The Holocaust of the faith'. That is a great description of what is happening in this country today.

Last edited:
Sears, Walmart, and Macys realized they were biting the hand that feeds them and reversed their anti-Christmas policy.

True, let's not forget EVERYTHING in America is about money, and the Christmas season accounts for a very large portion of most retailer's annual sales. While it may be culturally insensitive to refer to it as Christmas, there are still far more Christians in the USA than any other religious group which equates directly to many more people with dollars to spend at Christmastime.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back