The Blake and Jim show (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

All about dollars. Jim Head can tune a nitro car as good as anyone. Isn't this the first year for a full time primary sponsor in a while, Pronto? Many years theirs no sponsor and they don't run the full tour. Can't remember the last time they were in the countdown. Takes a lot of cash to run in 3.80's, Jim has plenty of money but how much do you want to spend out of your pocket? Pretty sure he has spent a lot. Oh, and Blake can drive, he's having a blast, 7th in the points. Good for them, wonder if they will be a in the championship hunt next year. Fun watching them this year.

All about dollars. Jim Head can tune a nitro car as good as anyone. Isn't this the first year for a full time primary sponsor in a while, Pronto? Many years theirs no sponsor and they don't run the full tour. Can't remember the last time they were in the countdown. Takes a lot of cash to run in 3.80's, Jim has plenty of money but how much do you want to spend out of your pocket? Pretty sure he has spent a lot. Oh, and Blake can drive, he's having a blast, 7th in the points. Good for them, wonder if they will be a in the championship hunt next year. Fun watching them this year.
When they interviewed Jim he said he got his head out of his bottom side. Pronto has been with them since Alexander went there but I don't think it covers all events.

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned the huge improvement of the jim Head FC. They seem to have broken out of their longtime middle to bottom of the field performance. And Blake is doing a great job driving. What happened???

This is a good topic for discussion. They have had a remarkable improvement in the last year or so, but particularly this year. In the past, Jim's car was never much of a threat to go rounds. Now, they are a car to be feared. I wonder how much of this has to do with Blake? He seems to do well wherever he has gone. It can't be just his driving. Maybe he has some input on the tune-up and with the direction of the overall operation?

Jim has been known for many years as a guy who was more interested in "building a better mousetrap, than winning rounds". In other words, he evidently just liked running the car, and innovating here and there, but was not driven by winning races. But man, what's the point of going to all that trouble and expense if you never go rounds? So it is good to finally see him competitive. Is his long-time crew chief (Johnny Davis?) still calling most of the shots?

I think running well this year has changed his philosphy a bit. After qualifying 4th in Texas on Nhra Tv he said I don't look at points I just wan't to beat the car in the other lane.

yes, they do seem to be tuning different than in past. pretty sure their sometimes major sponsor, schaeffler group (german i think?) is tied to
the pronto people ...... one step further i think the pronto group owns parts plus, so essentially one company helps in a huge way to field two independent
teams, one in FC, and one in TF. ........ IMO i see the two teams remaining separate with their separate team owners (jim head and rick ware)

Didn't they make the countdown last year , then Head went on vacation during one of the race weeks?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back