NHRA Pomona Finals notes (1 Viewer)

They are changing the rule next year, so you'll actually see a normal final round no matter what.

They are changing the rule next year, so you'll actually see a normal final round no matter what.
how? You can't stop a guy from smoking the tires. Many years ago the guy who won the World Finals was the champ. That's the only way.

after vegas i wanted brittany and ron to both win the whole deal........that usually means someone else wins. all the stars aligned yesterday and ron and britt
got it done, albeit at the expense of others with traction loss, which were surprising considering the optimal conditions. equally happy for class wins by
greg, cruz, and austin.......congrats to jimmy hidalgo jr. and pete d'agnolo for championships in STK and SS respectively.

how? You can't stop a guy from smoking the tires. Many years ago the guy who won the World Finals was the champ. That's the only way.
Has nothing to do with smoking the tires. Apparently they're changing the rule so that crossing the center line no longer results in a points penalty. Which would allow Capps to race the final heads up without worrying about getting a penalty and losing the title.

Has nothing to do with smoking the tires. Apparently they're changing the rule so that crossing the center line no longer results in a points penalty. Which would allow Capps to race the final heads up without worrying about getting a penalty and losing the title.
that makes more sense. Thx

was there a better performance in the pro ranks during the last 6 races than austin prock and team? sure would like to know who discussed, and what was discussed at team meeting somewhere
around the nationals, that turned the performance of this team around......my guess is grubnic was involved? nevertheless, from 12th to 3rd. incredible performance to end year.
and speaking of grubnic......am i the only one who thinks he developed and runs his cars mainly based on data, ideas, and knowledge that he has developed himself? yes, he had to have a baseline
when he tuned for clay, but what he accomplished there, and now at jfr, is spectacular. top speeds, low e.t's, and it's now blowing up at 1000'. amazing. he has punched his lunch ticket for sure.

was there a better performance in the pro ranks during the last 6 races than austin prock and team? sure would like to know who discussed, and what was discussed at team meeting somewhere
around the nationals, that turned the performance of this team around......my guess is grubnic was involved? nevertheless, from 12th to 3rd. incredible performance to end year.
and speaking of grubnic......am i the only one who thinks he developed and runs his cars mainly based on data, ideas, and knowledge that he has developed himself? yes, he had to have a baseline
when he tuned for clay, but what he accomplished there, and now at jfr, is spectacular. top speeds, low e.t's, and it's now blowing up at 1000'. amazing. he has punched his lunch ticket for sure.
It appeared to me all season that there was NOT a lot of carnage all season. Anyone have number of oildown penalties for them? Grubnic IMHO right now is among if not the best out there today!

It appeared to me all season that there was NOT a lot of carnage all season. Anyone have number of oildown penalties for them? Grubnic IMHO right now is among if not the best out there today!
Grubnic was the star this yr. And by the way does anyone remember a guy named Alan Johnson??? And I seem to remember there was this guy named Richard Hogan....:):)

Alan and Hogan are top notch tuners. I can't imagine how hard it would be, go over center, new tubing, new clutches,,,,,,, oh I'll just go back to this tune that worked before,,,,, oh crap that one doesn't work now either,,,, only if you could hot lap them,,,if you didn't stock up on anything before covid I'm sure everyone can see how quality control took a dump.

Alan and Hogan are top notch tuners. I can't imagine how hard it would be, go over center, new tubing, new clutches,,,,,,, oh I'll just go back to this tune that worked before,,,,, oh crap that one doesn't work now either,,,, only if you could hot lap them,,,if you didn't stock up on anything before covid I'm sure everyone can see how quality control took a dump.
If i had a tf car id prefer aj to tune!

Clarification of this - I am referring to Grubnic and Brittany here pertaining to "blowing up at 1000ft

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back