NHRA Pomona Finals notes (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
It's sure great to see the Jim Dunn team make another very good low 3.90 pass: 3.92 at 320 mph in Q2 of FC Qual. These guys have struggled for so long with usually getting into the low bottom half of the fields, and have just not been competitive for Eliminations during the season. Wonder what they have found to make such an improvement? Let's hope they go a round or two on Sunday for Moon Eyes and the whole team.

Also, it's good to see Krista Baldwin making two nice, clean passes today. Who's tuning that car?

And, who's Jeff Arend driving for this weekend?

Last edited:
It's sure great to see the Jim Dunn team make another very good low 3.90 pass: 3.92 at 320 mph in Q2 of FC Qual. These guys have struggled for so long with usually getting into the low bottom half of the fields, and have just not been competitive for Eliminations during the season. Wonder what they have found to make such an improvement? Let's hope they go a round or two on Sunday for Moon Eyes and the whole team.

Also, it's good to see Krista Baldwin making two nice, clean passes today. Who's tuning that car?

And, who's Jeff Arend driving for this weekend?
Scottie Graham is tuning for Krista and Arend is driving for Peter Russo.

It's rumored Pedregon will be outfitting that car with a delay box so he can compete in some big-money bracket races inbetween national events next year. 3.84, 3.84, 3.84, 3.84. I am impressed.

I was at the track yesterday and word around the pits was that Cruz had gone to the 6 disk clutch, and added Lee Beard as a consultant. Yes, four 3.84's in a row is damn impressive, and according to Cruz that's the quickest he's ever run. Today in eliminations he is "way off" his pace from yesterday and has "only" run a 3.86 and a 3.87 : ) He's looking good for a win today.

Big stunner to see Hagen go up in smoke 1st Rd, and Robert go up in smoke 2nd round. But that really opens it up for Capps.

A great day for Brittany. I like her because she seems very genuine. 2nd Championship for her!

Last edited:
I was at the track yesterday and word around the pits was that Cruz had gone to the 6 disk clutch, and added Lee Beard as a consultant. Yes, four 3.84's in a row is damn impressive, and according to Cruz that's the quickest he's ever run. Today in eliminations he is "way off" his pace from yesterday and has "only" run a 3.86 and a 3.87 : ) He's looking good for a win today.

Big stunner to see Hagen go up in smoke 1st Rd, and Robert go up in smoke 2nd round. But that really opens it up for Capps.

A great day for Brittany. I like her because she seems very genuine. 2nd Championship for her!
Cruz did go to 6 disc in Dallas onward. Beard is on board in 23 along with JC. They obviously found the right combo

Cruz did go to 6 disc in Dallas onward. Beard is on board in 23 along with JC. They obviously found the right combo

I could see Beard staying on as a part-time consultant, but not back to full time crew chief. I think he is enjoying retirement too much to get back to the grind of the full tour.

As consistent as Cruz's ET's were all weekend, Capps ET's were even more consistent. Congrats to the new back-to-back Champ!

F/C final was wild. Thought Capps was gonna hit the wall.
I had originally assumed that hitting the wall was a points penalty just the same as crossing the center line. I was watching that run, seeing him drift towards the wall thinking "he's gonna be the biggest dumb*** that ever lived if he don't shut that thing off right now!" Wasn't until after the run that I figured out that hitting the wall is in fact not a points penalty...

You have to give it to Capps for running it out to the end. I thought for sure he was going to do what Hight did a few years ago and do a massive burnout and get out of the car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back