Jim Head and TJ Zizzo (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
It was good to read about the Jim Head Funny Car with Blake Alexander driving get a surprise win at Norwalk this weekend. That car came alive for the Semi-Finals and Finals, so they did not "back in" to a victory. It just goes to show that one of the great things about drag racing is that on any given day, anyone can win if you are competitive and things go your way.

On the other hand, I was surprised to read about the TJ Zizzo team struggling in qualifying as much as they did. The "Super Part-Timers" always come out swinging at every race they attend. Very rare for them to not even make the show. I am interested to find out what went wrong this weekend.

It was good to read about the Jim Head Funny Car with Blake Alexander driving get a surprise win at Norwalk this weekend. That car came alive for the Semi-Finals and Finals, so they did not "back in" to a victory. It just goes to show that one of the great things about drag racing is that on any given day, anyone can win if you are competitive and things go your way.

On the other hand, I was surprised to read about the TJ Zizzo team struggling in qualifying as much as they did. The "Super Part-Timers" always come out swinging at every race they attend. Very rare for them to not even make the show. I am interested to find out what went wrong this weekend.
They said Head got a new car and they tested in Indy. Looks like it works pretty good.

Yeah, tough weekend for sure. Losing two runs on Friday really put us behind and we did not recover. We'll regroup and be at the U.S. Nationals.

Quite an emotional track-end interview for Alexander and even Jim Head, drag racing's equivalent of Tom Landry, cracked a smile after that one. Glad to see Leah pull one out, her team's consistency being the winning ticket today over a powerful field.
Blake’s interviews are usually pretty straightforward - not that one! Great to see real emotion and not just hear a sponsor recitation.

And Jim Head couldn’t stop smiling and called Blake a “great driver” or something like that.

I think it’s great they won, and taking down Hagan in the final was a huge accomplishment. Guess the new car and Indy testing paid off!

aside from indy testing, the broadcast yesterday said head car struggled in Norwalk Q. jim's jaw and cheeks must be sore today.
one of the comments under the utube vid of this final says 'first head victory since 1997'.......i guess i could believe this. would that have been jim's us nationals win?
was surprising to see ashley lose traction in final; a gift for leah, who was late.
good to see both the nitro winners finding consistency, as well as JR todd team, and the capco team.
bader jr. had a box/gift for the winners at top end; wonder what that was?

Tony, I've said this a few times, the Zizzo team would be a Top 10 contender if you had the budget to do the full tour. You guys are that good.
Thank you Brett. We certainly put a lot of work into it.

Only problem with doing a full tour, it would more than likely change the dynamic of our team. All of our team members have 9-5 jobs, so doing a full tour would require them to quit their jobs. That would be a lot to ask for.

We have a tremendous amount of respect for the teams that go out there and do it every weekend. What a difficult task that is.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back