Zizzo Ready for Visit to Historic Pomona (1 Viewer)

After a holeshot loss to Antron Brown at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, TJ Zizzo and the PEAK/Herculiner NHRA Full Throttle Series Top Fuel team are ready to put that behind them. That opportunity comes this weekend at the 46th Annual Auto Club NHRA Finals at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, Calif.

Zizzo, an Illinois native, has never been to the Golden State, much less raced there, but is looking forward to four days of nitro, as well as catching up with some friends who have promised to show him what California has to offer. The 35-year-old Top Fuel veteran is also planning to be on-hand for Monday’s NHRA Full Throttle Series’ awards ceremony.

“Wow, another weekend on the tour,” Zizzo said from his suburban Chicago race shop. “Racing at Pomona is certainly historic. I was disappointed after a holeshot loss, but I knew I would do a better job at Pomona. We have a great running and competitive PEAK/Herculiner rail. It makes driving it a dream.”

This weekend at Pomona also marks a new oildown policy after the nearly four-hour Q3 session in Las Vegas (See full story at NHRA.com by clicking HERE). It is a policy Zizzo and his team fully support.

“I believe the oildown rules that NHRA implemented will make every team better and more cautious than in the past,” he said. “I already drive cautiously because I drive with my wallet. If I feel it nose over I shut it off.”

Meet TJ: Zizzo and NHRA Full Throttle Series Funny Car title contender Matt Hagan are scheduled to appear at the Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucumonga, Calif. Wednesday (See full details by clicking HERE). “I want to thank Coca-Cola for setting this up,” Zizzo said. “I can’t wait to meet all the great drag racing fans in Pomona.”

TJ in the Media: TJ was a guest on The Auto Show with Greg Damon Saturday on KMOX, the legendary St. Louis-based AM station. Fans can listen to the interview by clicking HERE. In Las Vegas, Zizzo had an opportunity to meet Paige Wheeler, a UK Jr. Dragster pilot who visited The Strip as a guest of Melanie Troxell and R2B2 Racing. Read the story by clicking HERE.

Fans of TJ Zizzo and Zizzo Racing can find updates and photos of the PEAK/Herculiner Top Fuel team by checking out ZizzoRacing.com, Twitter.com/ZizzoRacing, and Facebook.com/ZizzoRacing. Videos of TJ and Zizzo Racing can be found at YouTube.com/TJZizzo.

Zizzo will race his PEAK/Herculiner rail in the NHRA Full Throttle Series’ season finale at the Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, Calif., at the 46th Annual Auto Club NHRA Finals. The first round of qualifying is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. local time, Thursday, Nov. 11. For information about the event or to purchase tickets, visit NHRA.com or call 800-884-NHRA (6472).

-ZR-

About Zizzo Racing:
This year marks Zizzo Racing's 30th year in drag racing. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill. and owned by Tony Zizzo, started racing in 1980 in the Top Alcohol Dragster class, moving to nitro in 2004 after earning his class license. In 2007, TJ Zizzo finished second in the final IHRA standings and now competes on a part-time basis in the NHRA Full Throttle Series.

About PEAK/Old World Industries:
PEAK® Performance Products are marketed and distributed by Old World Industries, which is among the largest privately held companies competing in the automotive aftermarket. The Northbrook, Illinois based company enjoys a presence in the automotive product markets, energy exploration, and chemical manufacturing in more than 50 countries worldwide. Old World's Product offering includes PEAK® Antifreeze; PEAK® Windshield Wash and Wiper Blades; PEAK® Performance Motor Oil; a full line of PEAK® Electronics; HERCULINER® Truck Bed Liner Kits; and SIERRA®, the safer antifreeze. For more information, please visit When You PEAK, You Win..

Attachments

• zizzomemphis.jpg
    zizzomemphis.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 9
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back