The best part of the FS1 coverage... (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
Yes, the racing was great. I loved seeing all the holeshots, upset wins and amazing E.T.s and speeds.
But, for me, I was glad to see Cameron Ferre run career best times and speeds. However, it was his interview in the pits that made my day; and this time it wasn't because of a confrontation with another driver. And, he was able to talk about his sponsor, EMPI.
I hated that he went up in instant tire smoke in the first round, but I'm hoping this race leads to more opportunities for him and his team.

The best part of the FS1 coverage for me is, I don't have to watch it! 😁

After the years of frustration with NHRA.TV, this year has been pretty darn stellar.

How can anyone take FS1 or Fox coverage seriously when they call all the rounds finals?

Finals Round 1
Finals Round 2
Finals Round 3
Finals Round 4

It shows they have no idea what they are talking about.

The best part of the FS1 coverage for me is, I don't have to watch it! 😁

After the years of frustration with NHRA.TV, this year has been pretty darn stellar.
What has improved on it? I gave up 2 years ago when I realized I was actually watching less racing with it

What has improved on it? I gave up 2 years ago when I realized I was actually watching less racing with it
Hey man! Hope you are well!

There hasn't been any of the previous issues, for me this year. Like buffering, pixelating a lot, or not working at all. No log in or password issues. For me, it has been flawless this year. This has been by far the smoothest year ever for NHRA.TV, from my view point.

There hasn't been any of the previous issues, for me this year. Like buffering, pixelating a lot, or not working at all. No log in or password issues. For me, it has been flawless this year. This has been by far the smoothest year ever for NHRA.TV, from my view point.
I will second this. The system has operated flawlessly this year and I have had no issues.

Good and you

Glad it's working out better. I think it was 2019 when I had it. So many issues and no compensation for them turned me off to it. Do they do a better job with the sportsman cameras now? I realize it won't be full coverage like the pro's but I remember watching one race where the static camera felt like it was at 20ft off the line so at the launch you'd miss wheels up as it would switch to another camera. There was another where the shot was so far away I had a better chance seeing it looking out my window

I'll agree...nhra.tv works great for me also. The only thing I dont understand is why are the FS1 recordings not available to watch later on...for interviews, segments, etc. I thought NHRA creates their own show and then pays to have it on Fox sports. It should be a part pf the package. I mean, there is so many great races from the past that I watch on NHRA on plex, so the licensing obviously belongs to them.

I'll agree...nhra.tv works great for me also. The only thing I dont understand is why are the FS1 recordings not available to watch later on...for interviews, segments, etc. I thought NHRA creates their own show and then pays to have it on Fox sports. It should be a part pf the package. I mean, there is so many great races from the past that I watch on NHRA on plex, so the licensing obviously belongs to them.
I subscribe to HULU and record the FS1 shows. That way I can skip through commercials and the interview fluff if I want.
This is no means promoting HULU, it's what works for me.

Really liking Joe and Alan on NHRA.TV
It feels closer to being at the track.
I've said the same thing before. I would rather listen to the track PA while watching the races. There's something about the deadpan delivery of facts, figures and other information right before and right after a run with the appropriate amount of excitement sprinkled in where necessary. I don't say this as an insult to the existing broadcast - we all have our preferences. I think people who grew up going to the track can appreciate the delivery from a track announcer vs. a show produced for TV.

What I don't like is, watching a re-telecast of the show and the broadcasters let you know who won before they crossed the finish line.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back