This Weekend's ESPN2 Coverage (2 Viewers)

Terry

Nitro Member
I don't know what everyone else is thinking, but I thought both the Saturday and Sunday coverage was the best yet. The Saturday approach of shaking things up a bit with Dave and Gary broadcasting from the staging lanes and Mike Dunn roaming the pits was great in my estimation. Dunn is terrific in the pit reports because of his knowledge as both a crew member and a driver. Also, we got a chance to see how good Gary Gerould is in a capacity other than top end interviews. I thought he was great working with Reiff from the staging lanes, and showed a depth of understanding the top end interviews don't allow.

I also enjoyed the Sunday coverage with a nice balance of Force/Non-Force coverage. Good features on lots of different teams, and I've become a real fan of Jamie Howe's "walking interviews". With all of the apparent experimenting with formats we have been seeing, I'm kinda believing somebody may be listening to some ideas on how to improve coverage.

Terry, I totally agree! Great shows, great crowds, and great racing! Maybe there's a future for the big show yet!

I enjoyed all of the racers stopping in and chatting with Reiff/Gerould, and yes to the "walking interviews". It's like the drivers open up a lot more without the microphone in their face.

Enjoyed Dunn in the pits. Mike explains tech stuff so anyone can understand, you don't have to be a pro mechanic.
The "walking interviews" are great, keep them also.

(ps) loved the Angelle spot too!!!. Except they never asked her "THE" question........ (if given an offer would she come back??)

The best thing was that both the qualifying and race shows STARTED ON TIME :D
I was working out of town on Saturday and trusted my DVR to record a 2 hour DVD (I need to free up some space on the hard drive:confused:) and was shocked that nothing was missed...start to finish a complete show! No Little League playoffs or tennis or overtime basketball......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back