The 2020 March Meet (1 Viewer)

I cant believe people even brag about eating at Milts!!!!!!!!!!!

You take that back Mike! Take that back right now! :mad::mad::mad:

Alright, truth be told, if we're racing we eat breakfast at the hotel (Fairfield Inn off of 99 and 65). But if not, it's either Milt's or the Black Bear Diner on California Ave.

Dinner for sure is at Milt's at least one night though and it's quite after 8 PM too. I either get the Pot Roast or Texas Chili Size.

John and myself both live here in Bakersfield, and John's spot on about J's Place! Chicken Fried Chicken is Outstanding ! Really good food from the Pancakes, to the Chicken and Waffles, or even the Catfish and eggs or Pork Chops and Eggs!

Gino,
Gonna miss it this year. Marty is too busy at work and I can't do it by myself and the truck is supposed to go into the shop for some upgrades. Only the second one in a lot of years that I'm gonna miss. It's hell getting old.
You guys have a great time and I guess I won't be watching on the live feed. Good luck, all.

Although I have gone to watch the March Meet a few times, I have never competed. That will hopefully change here in a few weeks as I am headed west to run the "Cone Hunter" Nitro Funny Car at the 2020 March Meet. I don't make it onto this board often, but there are still a few folks that
Staging-1 by Chris Stinson-Watermarked.jpg
might know who I am. If you are at the MM, stop by and say hi!

Lyle Greenberg

Although I have gone to watch the March Meet a few times, I have never competed. That will hopefully change here in a few weeks as I am headed west to run the "Cone Hunter" Nitro Funny Car at the 2020 March Meet. I don't make it onto this board often, but there are still a few folks that View attachment 5778might know who I am. If you are at the MM, stop by and say hi!

Lyle Greenberg
Lyle your car is beautiful, you have a shot with the altered body on it?

In my opinion if you're looking for a great and filling breakfast you should try J's Place. They are about a mile West of Chuy's at Rosedale and Calloway. Great southern cooking. IMHO they have the best chicken fried chicken anywhere. If you're a health nut probably not the place for you.

If you want a really good Breakfast in Bakersfield (actually Oildale) try the Knotty Pine (Cope's Knotty Pine) on Norris Road - it's on the way to the track.

Bakersfield and fine dining. Who would have thought.

Oh, you don't even know the half of it. 20 miles to the north of the track up Hwy 65 out in the middle of nowhere is one of the top 10 steakhouses in the entire U.S. called the Dutch Frontier. This is the kind of place that the Wall Street types fly in their jets to. Only open on Friday and Saturday nights and reservations are booked months in advance.

I only know about this because I've driven by it a few times. LOL

Last edited:
Thanks Bobby, appreciate CompetitionPlus's efforts. Will the videos be of all classes or just the nitro classes?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back