That ad block nagging banner. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Want to know why I use Ad Block Plus?

Unless you're hosting the ads yourself, those ads are being displayed by a 3rd party company. They are obviously not going to care about what type of ads they show as long as they are making money.

One of those ads they show might contain malicious code that could download malware to my machine if I happen to view the rogue ad at just the wrong time.

Before anyone writes, "This site is legit it would not be downloading malware on to people's machines," the very thing I am talking about happened to the Wall Street Journal a couple of years ago - one of their ads they displayed was compromised with malware. So it can happen on any website that shows banner ads.

The safety and security of my computer matters more than the 50 cents to one dollar you are going to make off of me by trying to show me ads on pain pills / home loans / whatever. So no, I will not disable my ad blocker unless you can assure me that you are going to police the ads that you guys are going to display.

Oh, and I will not "upgrade my account." I paid my dollar to join this place nearly 10 years ago. I shouldn't have to pay up any more.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back