Thanks to Bobby for the early Christmas present ! (1 Viewer)

Magnificent, made my heart fond of what we got to see, great stuff.

TopFuel@Lions
Did anyone see the legends of Billy Meyer on Competition Plus?

A friend of mine from the old I.H.R.A. days was talking about Billy Meyer when we got together about a week ago and the stories he told me were stories I had never heard before, and I never realized just how crazy and wild he was back in those days.

I knew he was a Wildman and that the N.H.R.A. did not really care for him, but I never realized how crazy it really got with all the parties and flying around on his planes and things going on after the races.

Jim Hill

Great to watch this. Thx Bob!!
So interesting to watch the speeds increase over the yrs. Look at the huge crowds. And remember the old times and racers, Art Hendey, Tom Hoover, a VERY young Don Schumacker, Bruce Larson [ and Maynard Yingst in the background]. And how about the "evolution", over the yrs, of Buster Couch's belly 😂😂😂

That was great. Thank you Bobby!!!
If I had a time machine, I would go back to those mid to late 70's eras in a heartbeat.

Looking at the bodies, you can detect the androgyny start to happen around 1982. I remember and still purchase products from some of the sponsors. Also, you can see the Armstrong vs. Coil phase of the funny car evolution. And holy cow the crowds at Pomona; musta been 45,000 people there.

Here it is. Gave me some insights into Billy's life.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back