Thanks Nitromater for not being Facebook! (1 Viewer)

Luke Nieuwhof

Nitro Member
I just wanted to make a post saying I've really got back into enjoying forums lately, as opposed to groups on Facebook. I feel like Facebook is sometimes just a competition of who can be the most negative, with many bitter posts from people who miss the way it used to be or don't get into modern drag racing. This weekend I just saw so many trash posts on Facebook about the Winternationals, mostly from people who don't go to events, and I think it's an overly negative picture that isn't real.
It seems like most people here at least attend the events and provide a much deeper opinion than the bile that comes up on Facebook. Plus we get input from a few team owners, commentators and other industry people who can give their time here to post without getting into the slanging matches that Facebook encourages.
I really enjoy being able to talk about drag racing, with fellow drag racing fans, who actually go to drag races!

I am also glad to read/post here for the most part. I have also noticed some new members and a much higher post count than normal the last couple of weeks, that can only be good.

I don't DO Facebook......Can one post anonymously there? There's usually a more civil atmosphere when everyone knows your name.

Since the Russians and that particular party took over Facebook, I have no use for it.

I am also glad to read/post here for the most part. I have also noticed some new members and a much higher post count than normal the last couple of weeks, that can only be good.

I am sure with Comp+ being down, and racing season underway has a little something to do with that.
And I have to agree with the lack of keyboard commando's being a good thing! ~:)~

It's amazing what Jerrod started here as a little Scotty Cannon themed fan site/message board. It's had it's ups and downs over the years, but still enjoyable. Nitromater must be 20 years old now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back