Thank you to KB Racing's Nate Van Wassonhove (1 Viewer)

__

Nitro Member
On Sunday morning of the Reading make-up weekend, I went by the KB Racing P/S pit. As I was standing there, a gentleman in an electric wheelchair came up. I noticed that one of the front tire was off its wheel. I pointed it out to the gentleman and we tried to figure out a quick fix. Greg Anderson saw us talking and joked, "You been doing wheelies again?" Nate Nate Van Wassonhove came over and offered one of their golf carts to sit in while he took a look at the chair. A screwdriver, spray bottle, and a few minutes and Nate had the tire back on the wheel good as new. Just thought I'd share a picture of the ace mechanic and his other driver. Way to, Nate! That was incredibly nice of you. Further proof that drag racers are best folks out there! :)
MapleGrove5.jpg

That's a great story! What's right with Drag Racing today! I love the people in our sport!

I couldn't agree more. No amount of corporate ignorance and stupidity can change what makes Drag Racing the greatest motorsport on the planet - the people! Great story.

I bet that happens in NASCAR country all the time... oh wait, there aren't any fans in the pits in NASCAR country - maybe it doesn't happen over there. Boy, I sure wish we could be as big as they are... NOT!

You guys are right.... What the guys from GA's did was OUTSTANDING:D

Senior Chief and Ms. Ortiz,
what scares me, and Saturday at VIR really slapped me in the face, is that it seemed that people weren't paying attention to what was going on around them... okay, good thing is that the sport has grown up alot in the last 25 years.... the down side is, does the average fan really know how dangerious the pits can really be? Maybe it's me, but I was expect much more room in the passage ways between trailers, I think the Alley was only 30 feet wide. I watch Tony P's Van trying to get to their spot, and they were totally ignored by the crowd...

Don't want to say it, but maybe to get into the pits, you should need an NHRA membership and Pay for a Pit Pass with all the legal mumbo jumbo on it. :(

It's what we do for others in life that matters, it's not what we do for ourselves. That's how we'll be judged, it's in the GOOD BOOK!!

It's what we do for others in life that matters, it's not what we do for ourselves. That's how we'll be judged, it's in the GOOD BOOK!!
Don't want to get religious - but that's not it exactly...
Matthew 7:12 is what you are referring to I think (do unto others...) but that isn't how we'll be judged. Our good deeds, etc. don't help us one bit in judgement.

But anyway. GREAT STORY!!!

great story, not just because im a huge kb pro stock fan ( greg anderson especially) but that team is the most fan friendly and niceest in drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back