Bob Bode and why Drag Racers Rock (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Walking the pits at Indy today I stopped by the Bode pit. After a few moments I see one of the ladies approach this guy sitting there in his wheelchair,she talks to him then she heads to the trailer. I assume the gentleman wants an autograph.
Bode comes out and talks to the man, come to find out his wheelchair is out of power. Bode himself grabs cables out of the trailer and hooks the gentleman up to recharge him.

I stood there smiling. It was such a simple easy moment. I wondered how many stars in other sports would have taken the time? Heck how many of us would be too busy to help?

We hear enough when people do wrong, I thought it was important to point out when people do right too.

I saw a young kid in a wheelchair hanging out at the Zizzo pits, wonder if it was the same one?

It wasn't the same guy Joe, but it looked like zizzo was giving someone a great weekend

And the list of great NHRA Indy moments grows and grows. Thanks PJ, for sharing. That was a great little read. You AND Bode rock!

BK

Thank's everyone for the kind words. I told Bode what you said, and it brought a big smile to his face. That is also why we have all stayed with him for so long. He is just a great guy to work with. He is also smiling because we have a good race car again. We have been trying a few different things this year, and as you can see from our performance level it hasn't worked very well. We were pretty embarrassed about our dnq at Brainerd, so we put everything back like last year, and now the old hot rod is starting to come alive again. We do all of our testing on race weekends, and when something doesn't work you get to see us fail. We have a pretty good teen car, but we are trying to make it an 0 car, and that is not an easy task. But Wally, and Mike have a tune up that doesn't hurt parts very often, and that is good.:)

Thank's everyone for the kind words. I told Bode what you said, and it brought a big smile to his face. That is also why we have all stayed with him for so long. He is just a great guy to work with. He is also smiling because we have a good race car again. We have been trying a few different things this year, and as you can see from our performance level it hasn't worked very well. We were pretty embarrassed about our dnq at Brainerd, so we put everything back like last year, and now the old hot rod is starting to come alive again. We do all of our testing on race weekends, and when something doesn't work you get to see us fail. We have a pretty good teen car, but we are trying to make it an 0 car, and that is not an easy task. But Wally, and Mike have a tune up that doesn't hurt parts very often, and that is good.:)

Eugene, first off it was a pleasure meeting you and Bob in Brainerd. Secondly you guys have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of. as you said, you only test on race weekends and the only way you'll improve is by trying new combinations. You don't only learn by the successful experiments, but also from the failed ones. Think back to how many DNQ's you had at the start vs. the few you have now. you guys are becoming serious contenders, and building quite a fan base. More success will come, along with more Wallys. Have faith!

Great story PJ, thanks for sharing. I didn't know he did that.

I'm going to agree with Eugene, Bob is a great person to work with. That's why we all put our hearts and souls into making sure his race car is done right. I've been with him for 6 years and still look forward to every time I get to work side by side with the man.

He appreciates our efforts equally. After a good pass, he'll thank each one of us individually for doing a great job. It really makes you feel good when your hard work is recognized, and he makes it known.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back