Television Schedule: Virginia? (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't it be cool to have a top fueler sitting up on it's ProJacks, right there on the 18th green and lighting the motor, as they're making thier final strokes toward the cup?

Last edited:
thanks again espn. I got nothing better to do than sit around wondering when the one show I wanted to watch all day will be on.

I HATE GOLF!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Even if it wasn’t delaying our race coverage I still hate it.... and now I’m forced to watch it!!

That is all….

Just magine the poor souls living amoungst each of us......who have been waiting all day for GOLF to be on ESPN2! If there were ever a time to reflect upon one's life, one's livleyhood... one's purpose, ones passion and love..... I sincerely thank you Lord.... for not making mine related to GOLF!

No they already had there time, earlier on abc its the same damn game it just ran over, I'd like to see the day that the race ran over so they telivised it on another channel...that'll be the day.

Just magine the poor souls living amoungst each of us......who have been waiting all day for GOLF to be on ESPN2! If there were ever a time to reflect upon one's life, one's livleyhood... one's purpose, ones passion and love..... I sincerely thank you Lord.... for not making mine related to GOLF!
I couldn't agree more.... Thank you Lord!!!

Butt, The Snowman and his adult friends like golf.

Here on the west coast, they are having sound trouble too. Long spaces with no sound. Hope they get that cleared up before the racing starts.:( At the rate we're going, it looks like 5:30 start for us over here. The ones that set their vcr and dvr's are going to be pissed to lose the last hour or so of the race. :( Looks like those on the east coast are going to be up late. :rolleyes:

looks like 5:30 start for us The ones that set their vcr and dvr's are going to be pissed to lose the last hour or so of the race. :( Looks like those on the east coast are going to be up late. :rolleyes:
Yeah like me all I got too see was first round of fuel. I emailed ESPN and told em how much they suck. I couldnt even find anything related to Drag Racing on their site.

I got to see the entire race and all it took was a little patience. I also play golf. Does that make me a twit?

Butt, The Snowman and his adult friends like golf.
Duh..what the hell is that, John! Why even go there??

Like the Doc says..what's the big deal?

This is a rain delayed race..scheduling happens months in advance..which is why we didn't get qualifying. Golf runs over on ABC..and being an affiliate (owned by)..ESPN2 gets the finish. They showed the entire race..and it's over before 10. I really don't see what all the whining is about..I enjoyed the coverage..and I'm glad we get any of it.

I got to see the entire race and all it took was a little patience. I also play golf. Does that make me a twit?

Doc - encouaging patience here is a noble thought, but probably futile!
On to golf - I can see it now! The Wannabe Driver - huge Unobtanium head with 52" carbon fiber shaft . . . club speed? 330 mph - :D

Doc - encouaging patience here is a noble thought, but probably futile!
On to golf - I can see it now! The Wannabe Driver - huge Unobtanium head with 52" carbon fiber shaft . . . club speed? 330 mph - :D
Way to use the quote button Jim!
Since you mentioned it, our last tournament that all three boys and I played in, every one of us outdrove the long ball marker but Buzzz got the award with a 361 yard drive. Generally we play our second shot from an adjoining fairway, however. Oh, and carbon shafts are way to whippy so we have to stick with stiff steel.

There wasn't supposed to be anything at all this weekend. We're lucky we got to see anything. Blame the rain. If anything, maybe they should not have used last week's time for the fluff pieces.
Do you guys not listen to the live audiocast? I do.
I also golf. Sometimes in the rain.

Way to use the quote button Jim!
Since you mentioned it, our last tournament that all three boys and I played in, every one of us outdrove the long ball marker but Buzzz got the award with a 361 yard drive. Generally we play our second shot from an adjoining fairway, however. Oh, and carbon shafts are way to whippy so we have to stick with stiff steel.

Bobby, thanks for encouraging Jim about that quote button! He's coming around now. As for golf, I play too, only occasionally, and actually do watch it on TV but not regularly. I was not pleased though with ESPN2 doing what they did. Had me all confused, as golf wasn't even supposed to be on then! I saw what hole the leaders were on, and figured we were in for a HUGE delay for the drags, and had to kill my DVR recording and then hang around watching the golf tournament with half an ear while doing some things on the computer while waiting for the game to end. I timed it almost perfect and got the whole race recorded, but had to go to bed before the end of the broadcast. I checked the results online long before the broadcast was over, probably during the hour and a half delay. Glad I was home. You west coast people probably weren't and hopefully didn't miss the re-schedule.

lots of nhra apologists here i see. whether it was rain delayed or not is beside the point, they would have done this even if it weren't. I'm sick of being a fan of a red headed stepchild, and next year, with nascar on espn, it will only be worse.
try this with a 'real ' sport, and you won't have people telling golf fans, or baseball fans, they are making a big deal of nothing.

the nhra just isn't worth the aggravation anymore, as far as I'm concerned.

Okay, drove home from Richmond, had my youngest set the vcr to record the race... told him 7 to 9:30... got home at 8:30, took and shower and went to bed...
I wanted it just because... standing at 600 feet out, there's just some things the mind misses... and yeah, I played rail bird all weekend... ESPN2 didn't play Papa John's comment about the family jewels, did they? great reaction from the stands on that....

Thing is I wanted the coverage as a keepsake... :( oh, well, live and learn....
and no, even if I realized what was going on with the telecast, I'm not sure I could have changed his vcr to catch it...

Okay, drove home from Richmond, had my youngest set the vcr to record the race... told him 7 to 9:30... got home at 8:30, took and shower and went to bed...
I wanted it just because... standing at 600 feet out, there's just some things the mind misses... and yeah, I played rail bird all weekend... ESPN2 didn't play Papa John's comment about the family jewels, did they? great reaction from the stands on that....

Thing is I wanted the coverage as a keepsake... :( oh, well, live and learn....
and no, even if I realized what was going on with the telecast, I'm not sure I could have changed his vcr to catch it...

Karl, I have the race on VHS. I can make a copy and mail it to you if you want.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back