Team Kalitta Blog (1 Viewer)

Yes the blog was very nice. My eyes were watering and it was not from nitro.
Cant wait to see then at zMAX Dragway in Concord. Lets give then a huge standing ovation.

Just like y'all said.... There's been several times; particularly during the Indy TV coverage... where I lost it. The camera focuses on Doug's eyes while he's staging the car, then pans to Jon's face as he gives him the OK, and then zooms out so you can see the Old Man in the background, sitting on the wall with a watchful eye. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I also saw - and felt- the undeniable emotion in "Grandpa's" voice during the couple interviews they did, too. I was watching with my Pop, who knew Connie back in Mt. Clemens, when Dad, Conrad and Doug Sr. were like 15 years old .....when the most important thing in life was counting down the days until someone in the clique could get thier Michigan Driver's License.

Kathy Kalitta, and Colin & Corey - please know we are thinking of you!

Suzie thanks so much for forwarding that photo. I saw Connie sitting on the wall and the second after I clicked the shutter I knew I had something special. I feel so lucky to be able to honor Scott and the Kalitta family with a simple photo. Thanks again.

Suzie thanks so much for forwarding that photo. I saw Connie sitting on the wall and the second after I clicked the shutter I knew I had something special. I feel so lucky to be able to honor Scott and the Kalitta family with a simple photo. Thanks again.

Thank you Mr. Indy!!! That is the beauty of photography, it just takes one second to capture such emotion. Even though you don't see Connie's face, you could feel it. It was a very emotional weekend for all. I still have my moments, but it is getting better. Thank you for your wonderful peice of art.

Keep snappin' those shots!

I saw that picture before I knew about the blog and was touched deeply. To read the blog... just left me speechless. I can't imagine how hard it was to be there with his car, knowing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back