Team Force continues to evaluate data; won't compete in Houston (1 Viewer)

Well Brent..I do believe there's more to it than just tire failure..and I won't speculate.

I'm sure there's more to it also. But the spokesman for Goodyear says the tire failed and if anyone would know it would be them. Something caused it to fail and they better hurry up and figure out why before there's a 3rd death.

I'm sure there's more to it also. But the spokesman for Goodyear says the tire failed and if anyone would know it would be them. Something caused it to fail and they better hurry up and figure out why before there's a 3rd death.
BRENT STOP, PLEASE, JUST STOP.

ok guys honestly.....why cant we both just agree that there was possibly more than one cuase to eric's death!!!!!! and silly arguments like this dont help the grieving process....its only makes it harder!!!!!! and it seems as if it's getting to the point that we barely respect each other...i am absolutely positive what needs to be addressed by the racing teams will be!! why does it matter if we (as spectators, not pro drivers) know what really happend??!!

Last edited:
Every single post by you on this thread is 100% incorrect period.
Let JFR tell us what went wrong... And again PLEASE.
No, every post has been 100% correct. Goodyear themselves say the tire failed. That's as good of source as there is concerning their tires. So please mind your own business and quit trying to tell what I can post. :rolleyes:

If people want to post asking and discusing what may have happened then let them , sometimes knowing what happened and why it happened allows people to get closure and makes it easier for them to deal with it .

A tire failure can have several meanings
a puncture due to debries on the track
tire intergerity failing due to the rubber being pulled apart.
Sidewall cords being torn
rubber being removed from tire contact surface (chunking )
could be any one or combination. Don't point a finger at Goodyear until tests have been done.
Rest in peace Eric

It appears Team Force doesn't think a tire failed, there was a different issue with the tire that caused a severe vibration, but the tire did NOT fail.

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/6029-tire-vibration-blamed-drivers-death-houston-chronicle.html

So what do you have say now Brent, you seem to know it all and are continuously putting down others when it appears you were wrong all along saying the tire failed. I will trust what JFR says over anything that is published in a rumor section of a website.

No, every post has been 100% correct. Goodyear themselves say the tire failed. That's as good of source as there is concerning their tires. So please mind your own business and quit trying to tell what I can post. :rolleyes:
You point, or LINK us in the direction of ONE Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company Press Release, or one of your Goodyear spokesman statements... Along with the NAME of this Spokesperson that you keep speaking of... You are making STATEMENTS here... Does that mean that they are fact?? Or are you just quoting the ALMIGHTY BURK??
SHOW ME THE PR OR STATEMENT with the NAME of the Goodyear rep, a JFR Press Release, or anyone else involved with, or who is saying these things that you are spewing on here...

Last edited:
I think that the cause of death has been absolutely determined. What they are concerned now is a way of preventing it from happening again. It appears that extreme tire shake was the final cause of injury. The doctors mentioned that Eric's brain damage was caused by DAI which is the type of brain damage seen in child abuse cases where babies or small children have been shaken severely. Personally, I think that tire shake has been taken too lightly for too long. The human body can't handle that type of stress for very long. Drivers have long complained about extreme headaches after experiencng tireshake.
Now, if you hit the guardrail and that unloads the rear tires completely at full throttle, probably stuck wide open, the next event will be tire failure followed by intense shaking due to the imbalance of the damaged tire. Can you imagine the severity of that type of tire shake? It's bad enough when the integrity of the tire is in place.
I've experienced mild tire shake even in my Super Pro dragster and it wasn't pleasant. It got me to thinking about a way to isolate the driver from the roll cage with a suspended type of seat system so that the intense vibration is absorbed through an isolation method. As it is now, we're connected to the chassis with no isolation at all. We absorb all of the vibrations from the chassis. I think it's time to design a new seat system.
Now, I also think that the time has come to start working on new ways to shut off the fuel system entirely. I work with airbag impact sensors that can perform the task in an instant. Simple install. Instant fuel shutoff.
Would these two changes have saved Eric? I don't know, maybe. But, I think his chances would have been much better and either system would be easy to design and install.
Now all I have to do is wait for you guys to tell me that I'm an idiot and don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about. It seems to be the norm on this forum. Fire away. I can take it.

Not an idiot, Larry..far from it..

I like the fuel shutoff idea, but fuel motors diesel even when starved, so unless the clutch is in that mix too (an NHRA no-no re: electronics in that world), the motor will still be making some sort of power, albiet stepped down, that transfers to the rear wheels.

Floating seats in a pod will add weight, and weight reduces speed (until the tuners figure out how to overcome that).. Not quite a bad idea, IMHO.

Good insight here when people are playing nice, don'tcha think?

Maybe the kill switch should be a button on the butterfly like a chute release is on many cars... Which does not starve the car for fuel and continue to diesel as Martin has so insightfully stated... The kill switch, that is mounted in most cars, as far away from the driver, so they don't accidently bump it... Should be much more accessible to simply shut off the mags instantly... Instead of waiting for the fuel to run out of the system... Just thinking outloud here...

Not an idiot, Larry..far from it..

I like the fuel shutoff idea, but fuel motors diesel even when starved, so unless the clutch is in that mix too (an NHRA no-no re: electronics in that world), the motor will still be making some sort of power, albiet stepped down, that transfers to the rear wheels.

Dieseling? From oil past the rings? I know that nitro motors will continue to run without spark by dieseling but without fuel?

Last edited:
I've seen.... back in the old days.... Fuel cars run after the mag broke.... ya gotta starve the motor... and the car picks up as the motor leads out:eek:

I've seen.... back in the old days.... Fuel cars run after the mag broke.... ya gotta starve the motor... and the car picks up as the motor leads out:eek:
That was my thought as well Karl... However, I needed to pose the question to make sure of the answer... I was kinda hoping for Jim-O to answer it... :D But I guess you will do in a pinch... ;) :eek:

One hard question about anything remote controlled.... it's Sunday, semis, 60ft out, strike the tires, slap the loud peddle, grab the brake handle, car's sideways, muscle it back over, it hooks and jacks the front end, back peddle again....

And the same thing is happening in the other lane... both cars run high 9's @ about a buck n a quarter... the cat that recovers first, wins and goes to the finals...

in the other semi, both cars run mid-4's @320+.... both snakin' a little bit from 800 ft on....

if you had the 'button' in your hand... which pair would you push it on...

Let's say they actually find a way to kill a Nitro Burning engine remotely.. Driver has the car crossed up an tires a smokin.. YOU hit the kill switch which stops the engine. The tires are no longer spinning an bite while the car is sideways. YOU just sent your driver into a barrel roll... HOW would anyone not in control of the car have a clue when to kill the engine?

"IF" technology allowed away to keep track of whether the driver was conscious or not would be the only way I'd set up some other kind of kill switch.. Driver gets knocked unconscious the switch kills the engine.

There's a reason I don't drive.... I tend to close my eyes at the wrong time and pray... and the car seems to straighten out on her own... nope, that post was about why there should never be a remote kill box

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back