Force Transcript (1 Viewer)

I hope they have made great changes to help in driver safety. I never thought I would hear the words "I'm not worried about winning the championship" come out of John's mouth. I hope they are set to have a great run the remainder of the season. I read the transcript twice last night and for those of you who havent read it, I think you should.

To all those people who talk crap about John and say he's fake and putting on a act and stuff when he talks about his family, his life, etc, they can go hang themselves for all I care. The guy is geniune and he always has been and he always will be.

I hope they have made great changes to help in driver safety. I never thought I would hear the words "I'm not worried about winning the championship" come out of John's mouth. I hope they are set to have a great run the remainder of the season. I read the transcript twice last night and for those of you who havent read it, I think you should.

To all those people who talk crap about John and say he's fake and putting on a act and stuff when he talks about his family, his life, etc, they can go hang themselves for all I care. The guy is geniune and he always has been and he always will be.

Amen Justin!

I have always admired John's rags-to-riches story, his love for this sport, and his "off the wall" interviews but this gives me a new found respect for his love of life. I'm sure there are those who don't and won't like John Force but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how you wouldn't love everything about this guy.
He absolutely loves his competitors and they love him and despite his 14 trips to the top, he always puts people first. He's willing to risk it all to insure that Eric's passing provides positive safety measures for all as a tribute.
Man, I love this guy more and more every day.

Really good interview

With what it sound like the changes are I wonder how much harder it is going to be getting out of the car when they get on fire

I've heard it said many times before. When Jeff Gordon started winning too much, people began booing him. Same with Earnhardt, same with many others including Bob Glidden. I have never heard anyone boo John Force.

The transcript was a very good thing, it left absolutely nothing for speculation.

This is one of the most riveting things I have ever read about anything in drag racing--or any other form of motorsports, for that matter. John Force and the team he has assembled are going through some terrible times right now. I have always had tremendous respect for what John himself has accomplished in drag racing. I now have that much more for him as a person.

Often times we hear about "defining" moments in one sport or another. Obviously, both John Medlen and John Force Racing are going through one now but there most likely will be another--the sport of drag racing itself. Any saftey advances directly resulting from this tragedy will have profound effects on this sport as we know it for years to come. Unfortunately, it has come at too high a price to pay but Eric Medlen's accident could very well spark safety improvements which may someday save another life.

No one person or team should have to go through the terrible loss of a loved one for any reason. Yet, in a sort of irony, there is probably no better team that can bring its talent and resources to bear to find out (as much as possible) what happened and make changes necessary to lessen or eliminate the possiblilty of it happening again.

Eric Medlen's legacy is in the hands of his own team--there is no better place for it to be!

Mike Paz, Motorsports Announcer
former NHRA National Events PA announcer

As a fellow Spencerportarian, (now in Penfield), it's good to hear from you Mike. For you Maters who don't know, Mike Paz is not as well known as Bob Frey or Alan, but he's a real good announcer who's been in the sport a long time. And as far as all of the positives being said about Force, all I can say is ditto. You know the guy's heart is broken, and he is doing everything in his power to help everyone race as safely as possible, to try and create some kind of positive from this tragedy.

I am floored at the professionalism, dedication, and caring in the interview. I mean I'm not as these folks are people just like the rest of us... But I am, as it is so rare to have such a personal view into the lives of these people we watch on tv and cheer for (or against as the circumstance may be).

I have always admired John Force and his personality and dedication, and this glimpse into his real and extended family is one of the most touching and inciteful things I have read in many moons.

My hat is off to all of them. I would like to think that I would have such courage and dedication in the face of such adversity. These are people to be admired and respected regardless of whose lane you are in and by showing that article they have given us all a glimpse of that side of the sport we all hope to never be a part of.

As a fellow Spencerportarian, (now in Penfield), it's good to hear from you Mike. For you Maters who don't know, Mike Paz is not as well known as Bob Frey or Alan, but he's a real good announcer who's been in the sport a long time. And as far as all of the positives being said about Force, all I can say is ditto. You know the guy's heart is broken, and he is doing everything in his power to help everyone race as safely as possible, to try and create some kind of positive from this tragedy.

Nunzio:

Thanks for the kind words!

I have had the privilege of working with both Alan Reinhart and Bob Frey as well as Dave McClelland and consider them friends as well as mentors.

The short time I worked as NHRA PA allowed me opportunities to interview and speak with many in the sport of drag racing, including (obviously) John Force. Of course, the interviews were always vintage Force but what I cherish most is the times "off-mic", back in the pit area during a rain delay or after the event was over--"bench racing". Those now "all-too-short" glimpes into his life at the time seem pretty distant and out of place now, given what has happened. But if ANYONE in this sport can pull through this, it will be John Force!

Mike Paz, Motorsports Announcer
former NHRA PA announcer, 1997-2000

I have always admired John's rags-to-riches story, his love for this sport, and his "off the wall" interviews but this gives me a new found respect for his love of life. I'm sure there are those who don't and won't like John Force but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how you wouldn't love everything about this guy.
He absolutely loves his competitors and they love him and despite his 14 trips to the top, he always puts people first. He's willing to risk it all to insure that Eric's passing provides positive safety measures for all as a tribute.
Man, I love this guy more and more every day.

Very well said Doc. It was also refreshing the way said that since he had been through every kind of crash there was he just took the safety for granted. I would be willing to bet that is true of many racers who have had accidents and not been seriously injured. I think John is a genuine guy and his world has been turned upside down now. Everyone in racing is fortunate that he has the desire and resources to try to improve the safety of these cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back