Tasca's new car (1 Viewer)

Tasca a couple of years ago built his own. Ford paid for the engineering for the JFR bodies when he was running them, but JFR had exclusive rights to them. So I guess the answer is "It depends"

Alan

"Depends", what does my underwear have to do with it.............................

four brands for FC is a good thing. one of nhra's strongest suits going rite now. four brands that want our eyeballs on tv and at events. sell. sell. sell.

So how many here think that if FCs were more stock appearing that spectator attendance would go up? I believe most of the complaints come from those of us that have been around since FC started, and miss the “good old days”. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the era of Vegas, Mustang IIs, Arrows, etc. but I’ve enjoyed the evolution and progression of the class, and really, is there anything more badass than a modern Fuel FC? They might not look too much like their street counterparts, but they sure look like Race Cars!

Back in the 70s and 80s aero wasn't as important but now these cars are running over 300 mph so aero and safety are a big concern, hell Top Fuel look the same and Pro Stock. It's all about speed and safety. Just my opinion, not a owner or expert

IMO FC is just that funny car, part of the Nitro Circus. I do not think it really matters you just accept they are vague replicas of "real" cars.

Now Pro STOCK should reasonably look like something you can buy from a dealer. When you NEED decals on the windshield so fans can know what kind of car it is, well it has morphed to far away form stock. Fans can not relate to it.

Jim Head also had a batmobile. As radical as those cars were. they wouldn't hold a candle to todays cars.

IMO FC is just that funny car, part of the Nitro Circus. I do not think it really matters you just accept they are vague replicas of "real" cars.

Now Pro STOCK should reasonably look like something you can buy from a dealer. When you NEED decals on the windshield so fans can know what kind of car it is, well it has morphed to far away form stock. Fans can not relate to it.

And once someone figures out how to make Factory Stock a "thing" (hell, look at their season champ... 🤩😍), a stock bodied class of modern cars will be back on the front burner...

And yet, people will still head off to get a hot dog....

Am seeing the Wilkerson Stang but it don't look like the new one. Also Tasca. Are those the 2018 cars? Kinda hard to tell from what I see on line.

.........and yet, people will still head off to get a hot dog....
footlong corndog ;)........cliff, pretty sure what tasca is running is a new door stop, thought i read that wilk will get a new door stop by gainesville?

I would love to see a Nostalgia body run in AA/FC. Maybe take 100 lbs off the min. to run a pre 73 body?
Remember when Larry Morgan came out for the night session with head lights? Simple stuff.

I would love to see a Nostalgia body run in AA/FC. Maybe take 100 lbs off the min. to run a pre 73 body?
Remember when Larry Morgan came out for the night session with head lights? Simple stuff.

If you owned a Funny Car and you wanted to win would you do that? Even 100# light I don't believe that aerodynamics of one of those would allow you to go 300 MPH. Without the aero and downforce you would not be able to accelerate through the middle.

Alan

I wish somebody would build a new Stingray FC body, it’s been a long time since we’ve had a Vette in FC, and I think the C7 Stingray would be pretty badass.

If you owned a Funny Car and you wanted to win would you do that? Even 100# light I don't believe that aerodynamics of one of those would allow you to go 300 MPH. Without the aero and downforce you would not be able to accelerate through the middle.

Alan
Alan, Alan, Alan. Just expressing an interesting thought. It would be nice to see an unexpected change pull up to the burnout box.

a corvette AA/FC would be way cool. i can not recall any real success with one in the past. - winning any championship. at my age, i am just going by memory so someone might remember more than me. i just recall lady luck had trouble getting in corvette AA/FC's. i would guess she would be happy to get in one now if it was made.

Some of the Vettes back in the Daze didn't have enough downforce on the back of the car. Tom McEwen came up with the side panels like they run now (only way smaller) and that was what the Vettes needed to go down the track. He won some races with the car but not a championship. I can't recall a Corvette winning a championship, either in Nitro or Alky. But if they made one today with all the right aerodynamics, it would be just as quick & fast as anything out there.

question? if a truck body was allowed in F/C. could it be made more aero then a F/C body? the nose and green house would look like a F/C and the very short bed made with huge spill plates? the bed would look like the back deck on the batmobiles?? .....just a crazy thought.

question? if a truck body was allowed in F/C. could it be made more aero then a F/C body? the nose and green house would look like a F/C and the very short bed made with huge spill plates? the bed would look like the back deck on the batmobiles?? .....just a crazy thought.
funny-truck.JPG
:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back