Toyota unveils new GR Supra Funny Car body for 2022 NHRA season (2 Viewers)

The street version is a nice looking car. Saw it in the staging lanes on Sunday. My wife is considering as a replacement for her 16 year old Z when they are available to the public.

Wild hair..... Toyota will be with Capco in 2022. You don't suppose Stevie will run an F/C, do ya? heh heh

Nah, their T/F cars will just have "Toyota" in big letters on their "Hemi" derivative engines. Plus Toyota SUV's as tow vehicles and to go to dinner and the hotel in.

I don't like any of the modern funny car bodies and think they should go back to factory dimensions. Like the nostalgia funny cars. I mean a '69 Camaro should look like a '69......oh wait, they've bastardized those too. Never mind :D

All kidding aside, I give Toyota credit for at least basing the body on a sporty model instead of those !@#$%^&@#$#@ Camrys I'm always having to get around with my SRT Hemi Challenger. The new body actually looks pretty good! I'm curious as to how it stacks up as far as drag coefficient compared to the other bodies?

toyota #1 in USA auto sales. i'm so glad of their increased involvment in our american sports of drag racing and stock car racing.
IMO they push GM, ford, and mopar to do a better job, and they're all better for it.

The Winters qualifying show is the first time I’ve seen the new Toyota body. That thing is some kind of slick.
I can’t wait to see it when I’m at Phoenix next weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back