First Angelle Joins Harley, Now.... (1 Viewer)

"Now retired from F1...."

"Asked by the New York Times what his next move might be, the 37-year-old Spaniard answered: "The aim is to do something unprecedented in motorsport. Right now, my full focus is on the Indy 500. But I'm thinking I'm trying to do something more, maybe in different disciplines."

"Now retired from F1...."

"Asked by the New York Times what his next move might be, the 37-year-old Spaniard answered: "The aim is to do something unprecedented in motorsport. Right now, my full focus is on the Indy 500. But I'm thinking I'm trying to do something more, maybe in different disciplines."

He still has a contract at McLaren. They have been terrible the last several years in F1, so he decided to get out of the car and try other things. McLaren kept their contract in force so he doesn't go to another F1 team. His car at the Indy 500 is branded as a McLaren. He can't really do anything this year without their permission. It will be interesting to see what happen next year though. Back to F1 in a different car? Truly racing anything he can get his hands on around the world? Another deal with McLaren?

By the way, McLaren has won the Indy 500 as a constructor before, they won three times in the 70s, twice with Johnny Rutherford in the factory car, and once with Mark Donohue in a customer car (you might have heard of the customer ... Roger Penske)

Last edited:
Alonso is to good of a driver to be in a drag car, he would be bored once he got use to the speed. Im guessing you may see him in Formula E or in a sports car field. Plus i dont think drag racing can afford him.

Alonso is to good of a driver to be in a drag car, he would be bored once he got use to the speed. Im guessing you may see him in Formula E or in a sports car field. Plus i dont think drag racing can afford him.
Drag racing and F1 are totally different animals. F1 drivers get paid a lot of money, while drag racers PAY a lot to race. But for a retired F1 driver, drag racing offers a great way to insure there’s no inheritance left for the kids, LOL.

Someone should ask Alonso...
"Which retirement would you prefer....running a nitro car for fun around the world, or doing what Michael Schumacher is doing right now?"

"Which retirement would you prefer....running a nitro car for fun around the world, or doing what Michael Schumacher is doing right now?"

Schumacher, the best F1 driver of all time IMO, has no choice over what he is doing right now. Alonso still has the privilege of doing anything he likes. There is no comparison, one man has his health, and the other one doesn't.

tough crowd.....take it as a editorial against skiing.....

if it doesn't have wheels, I'm not interested...

dude that is messed up, would you like it if someone made fun of your family member who may be very sick/injured due to an accident. What happen to Michael could happen to anyone of us, it was a freak thing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back